Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to get people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great?
As individuals, we have a somewhat eclectic mix of skills, passions and idiosyncrasies…but it works. Probably because we all have one thing in common: we believe we’re onto something really special.
The Communications Team has grown in recent years and in order to meet our ambitious plans for the next few years, we need to recruit some new people to our team in our offices conveniently located by Snow Hill station in Birmingham.
Our busy Communications Team needs a manager to supervise their workload, manage the retention and recruitment of members, plan our attendance at major consumer shows across the UK and together with the Head of Communications ensure effective external and internal communications.
The role will call for considerable involvement in day to day operational and management issues within the department, as well as involvement with media requests, engagement with external organisations and individuals to maximise The Vegan Society's brand awareness and event coordination.
This role is one of first-line management and will call for a close relationship with and support for the Senior Management Team's work.
As Communications and Supporter Services Manager you will:
- Line manage members of the Communications and Supporter Services teams: conducting 1-1s, signing off leave, appraisals etc.
- Lead on staff-run events at vegan and plant-based consumer shows, managing negotiations and the booking process
- Act as a spokesperson for The Vegan Society for broadcast media as required
- Support our media and PR strategies
- Liaise with the Campaigns Manager and the Business Development Marketing Manager to support their media and PR strategies.
- Project manage the implementation of the society's new CRM with the selected supplier during 2021 and support the Senior Supporter Services Coordinator with the implementation and testing of the CRM ensuring that the society keeps to timescales and budgets.
- Maintain organisational engagement with partners, supporters and high-level (celebrity) supporters.
To be considered as our Communications and Supporter Services Manager you will need:
- Demonstrable team management skills
- A very high standard of literacy with good all-round writing skills and excellent proofreading skills.
- Good project planning experience
- Good understanding of the full spectrum of marketing communications with expertise in marketing and PR.
- Events management experience
- To be willing to adhere to a vegan lifestyle for the duration of your employment.
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
- Death in service benefit
- 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
- Central Birmingham office location
Salary and hours
This is full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £27,741 – £39,880 per annum.
The application deadline is 9am Monday 15 February 2021.
Interviews will be held w/c 22 February 2021.
Please note: The role is typically an office-based role, however remote working will be in place until social distancing measures are relaxed/removed. After these restrictions are eased a flexible work schedule could be considered but you would need to live within commuting distance of Birmingham.
CVs cannot be accepted. No agencies.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.