The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. And if you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
In order to meet our ambitious growth plans for the next few years, we need to recruit some additional people to join our team in our new offices conveniently located by Snow Hill station in Birmingham. As such we are looking to recruit a Community Network Volunteer Coordinator on a part time basis, for 3 days per week.
The Community Network Volunteer Coordinator will focus on managing and growing The Vegan Society’s Community Network of volunteer activists. They will ensure the smooth running of the network, keeping the local groups engaged and developing actions that further The Vegan Society’s aims. The Community Network is split into two tiers, with both Organisers and Advocates. This role will communicate with Organisers, who in turn will manage Advocates in their local groups.
As Community Network Volunteer Coordinator, you will:
Manage the Community Network
- Build and maintain relationships with volunteer Community Network (CN) Organisers.
- Provide support to the CN Organisers and local groups where needed.
- Ensure that new CN Organisers complete a full induction and provide training to CN Organisers on various relevant topics.
- Monitor progress of CN actions and report back to the Campaigns and Policy team.
Grow the Community Network
- Seek opportunities to grow the existing CN so that there are effective local groups in all areas of the UK.
- Assist with advertising and promotion of CN Organiser roles, including writing advert copy and selecting appropriate advertising platforms.
Build Community Links
- Reach out and connect with other local community groups (e.g. charities, foodbanks) to share and promote our campaigns and policy work.
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and connect with local community organisations to ensure our messages reach a diverse audience.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.