Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to encourage people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Development Manager who can help to support both individual behaviour change and system change.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.
The Development Managers primary objective will be to identify new business opportunities and translating these into appropriate projects and strategies. They will lead on a diverse range of projects for the Business Development Department including those supporting the international expansion of the Vegan Trademark and activities related to the development of the VEG 1 brand.
The role will be dynamic, managing existing projects, delivering innovation projects from other teams and bringing their own ideas to life. There will be a strong focus on reporting, delivering income targets, analysing data and trends, as well as developing excellent external relationships.
A key element of the role will be to develop the existing Partnerships function including, designing and influencing its future strategic direction via strategies and horizon scanning, bringing on board new and exciting partners that deliver added value to our stakeholders and taking a thorough, creative, and collaborative approach to how we work internally.
The successful candidate will have significant business development experience ideally within the charity sector, a proven track record of delivering income targets, solid project management experience and a good understanding of sales and marketing theories.
As Development Manager you will:
• Lead on the product development plans including bringing new products to market under the VEG 1 brand.
• Lead on various innovation projects that will support international expansion for the trademark and VEG 1.
• Work with the Marketing team to identify and develop new opportunities for the trademark, VEG 1, and TVS merchandise.
• Work with the Communications department to coordinate content and ensure materials are on brand
• Working with the Campaigns, Policy and Research department to identify opportunities for our clients and partners to support TVS campaigns and activities.
• Design and deliver the partnerships strategy.
• Develop tracking and reporting methods and identify key metrics.
• Ensure success metrics are being met and evidenced via clear and timely reporting
• Identify and scope potential partnerships
• Ensure the Development team are following best practice via clearly defined Service Level Agreements and on brand communications materials
• Critically evaluate partnerships and sell the benefits to potential partners
• Support officers working across other teams to develop TVS Merchandise.
To be considered as our Development Manager you must have:
• A business development related qualification or significant experience in a directly related post.
• A proven track record of meeting income targets, prioritising deadlines. managing multiple successful projects and managing a partnerships function.
• An understanding of corporate identity and branding
• A proven ability to create partnership’s strategies, business plans, relevant communications plans and external facing content for variety of channels
• The ability to analyse data to identify trends and potential risks and opportunities.
• An understanding of business development techniques and practices
• An understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
• An understanding of the marketplace, our competitors, customers’ needs and economic trends
What we offer
• A fun and supportive team
• A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
• Flexible working hours
• Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• Animal companion compassionate leave
• Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
• Death in service benefit
• 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
This is full time role (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £28,672- £36,922 per annum
This is a predominantly home-based position, but the successful candidate must be willing to travel to our head office in Birmingham when required.
The application deadline is 9am on Friday 3rd December 2021.
Interview’s will be held on the Monday 13th December 2021.
Find out more about what it is like to work for The Vegan Society by reading our recruitment pack.