Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
In order to meet our ambitious growth plans for the next few years, we need to recruit some additional people to join our team in our new offices conveniently located by Snow Hill station in Birmingham. As such we are looking to recruit a Digital Communications Manager, this role is key in supporting our growth strategy.
The Digital Communications Manager will provide support to the Head of Communications as well as team leadership and direction to the Digital Communications team.
The role will call for considerable involvement in day to day operational and management issues within the Communications Department, as well as engagement with external organisations and digital agencies to maximise The Vegan Society’s brand awareness.
This role is one of first-line management and will call for a close relationship with and support for the Senior Management Team’s work.
As Digital Communications Manager you will:
- Line manage members of the Digital Communications Team: conducting 1-1s, signing off leave, appraisals and supporting staff with their training and development plans.
- Project manage larger digital and web-based projects for the Communications department.
- Generate awareness of the society and its campaigns, and drive traffic to digital activities through online marketing and communications.
- Develop strategies, tools and applications to increase supporter and business conversion, engagement and retention, using a thorough understanding of our audience.
- Collate data from various sources across Digital Communications, and supplement that data with relevant research, producing detailed reports.
To be considered as our Digital Communications Manager you must have:
- Demonstrable team management skills and experience
- A very high standard of literacy with good all-round writing and proofreading skills
- Good project planning experience
- Good understanding of the full spectrum of marketing communications with digital marketing expertise
- Experience of programmatic advertising would be an advantage.
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- Ethical pension scheme (5 – 7% employer contribution)
- Death in service benefit
- 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
- Central Birmingham office location
Salary and hours
This is full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £27,741 – £39,880 per annum.
The application deadline is 9am Monday 15 February 2021.
Interviews will be held w/c 22 February 2021.
Please note: The role is typically an office-based role, however remote working will be in place until social distancing measures are relaxed/removed. After these restrictions are eased a flexible work schedule could be considered but you would need to live within commuting distance of Birmingham.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.