Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to encourage people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great? We’re looking for a strategic leader who can help to drive both individual behaviour change and system change, to support a vegan future.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.
Due to internal promotion, the Head of Campaigns, Policy and Research role has become available. This is an exciting opportunity for someone whose values and beliefs align with The Vegan Society, and who is ready to seize opportunities to take veganism to the next level.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Campaigns, Policy and Research will lead and manage our Campaigns, Policy and Research team providing strategic direction, motivation and creative ideas.
The successful candidate will build relationships with influential audiences across the vegan, food and environment sectors – engaging with individuals, groups and the government in order to provide vegan solutions to many of the problems our society currently faces.
As Head of Campaigns, Policy and Research you will engage with political audiences and public institutions at high level to meet the Society’s campaigning objectives.
You will build credibility and relationships with Parliamentarians and work in collaboration with organisations with similar goals.
As Head of Campaigns, Policy, Research you will:
- Devise and develop campaigns, policy and research activity that promotes the benefits of veganism; supports new and existing vegans; and encourages more vegan-friendly policy.
- Lead and oversee a team including campaigns, policy and research staff along with the organisation’s senior dietitian and fundraiser
- Develop and monitor the CPR strategy, setting KPIs and evaluating impact
- Produce and monitor the CPR budget
- Oversee delivery of high profile, high impact campaigns
- Build relationships with other organisations to raise the profile of The Vegan Society across a variety of sectors
- Act as spokesperson across a variety of issues, actively seeking opportunities to get your voice heard
- Collaborate with teams across the organisation to offer and enlist support
- Be part of the Senior Management Team, driving the organisation forward to meet the organisation’s strategic objectives
To be considered as our Head of Campaigns, Policy, Research you must have:
- Experience running public facing, ideally behaviour-change, campaigns
- Experience in developing policy and liaising with policy-makers and politicians
- A good understanding of the political landscape in the UK and beyond
- Demonstrable leadership skills and experience
- Strong project planning experience
- Experience in strategy development
- Experience of budget planning and management
- Experience of public speaking and influencing at a high level
- A creative, solutions-based approach
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
- Death in service benefit
- 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
- Central Birmingham office location. Some home-working may be considered, but the role must be office-based for at least 2 days per week.
This is full time (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £40,876 - £44,514 per annum.
The application deadline is 9am on Friday 29th October, however we will be reviewing applications as received and may end the application stage early if we get enough candidates.
Interviews date TBC.
Find out more about what it is like to work for The Vegan Society by reading our recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.