Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to encourage people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great? We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior B2B Marketing Officer who can help to support both individual behaviour change and system change.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.
The Senior B2B Marketing Officer role will be responsible for the development of our business to client marketing activities. They will lead on various areas including the sales strategy for the Vegan Trademark. This will include sourcing and managing relationships between various third-party stakeholders, developing and delivering the strategy for how the Vegan Trademark markets outside of the UK and managing a team of two.
This role requires a candidate with experience of business-to-business marketing with a strong focus on sales and conversion, as well as knowledge of brand expansion.
The role is suitable for someone with 3+ years of Sales & Marketing or B2B & Client Relations experience, as well as other essential criteria listed below.
As Senior B2B Marketing Officer you will:
- Own the marketing lead target for incoming clients to the Vegan Trademark.
- Create and manage the strategy for marketing activities to gain leads through B2B marketing.
- Manage the B2B function so that long-term campaigns are managed and monitored.
- Create B2B social channel strategies for non-UK audiences (LinkedIn) and work with the B2B team on developing the established UK strategy.
- Work with the B2B Marketing Officer on producing strong sales content for a variety of digital channels and audiences.
- Own the competitor matrix for the Vegan Trademark to maximise knowledge of the external market and deliver international brand marketing activities.
- Manage the reporting and impact of B2B activities.
- Work alongside the rest of the BD department to gain insightful client feedback to directly impact the development of the marketing strategy for the Vegan Trademark.
- Manage and support the B2B Marketing Officer in their role in delivering leads, providing engaging B2B content and establishing a clear strategy for supporting incoming clients as well as established, renewing clients.
- Manage and support the Marketing Assistant.
- Work alongside the International Sales Manager to expand marketing communications outside of the UK.
- Attends trade and consumer shows when appropriate.
- Deliver talks, workshops or presentations relating to the Trademark and/or VEG 1.
- Work with the Fundraising Manager to identify potential relationships and opportunities that will increase the brand awareness of the Trademark and/or VEG 1 products.
To be considered as our Senior B2B Marketing Officer you must have:
- Marketing, Sales or Business-related degree/qualification (or 3+ years’ workplace experience in Sales & Marketing or B2B & Client Relations
- Experience creating strategic documents and identifying complimentary activities.
- Experience of delivering marketing strategy for sales and brand development.
- Experience utilising B2B social platforms and their related adverts managers.
- Experience in collating, reviewing and monitoring brand competitors.
- A proven track record of generating new leads through marketing activities.
- The ability to produce concise reports and impact briefings.
- A good understanding of business operations for a Trademark/certification scheme: production processes, administration, marketing, PR, promotion and sales.
- Understanding of corporate identity and branding needs.#
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
- Death in service benefit
- 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
This is full time role (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £25,863-£32,718 per annum
This is a predominantly home-based position, but the successful candidate must be willing to travel to our head office in Birmingham when required.
The application deadline is 9am on Friday 10th December 2021.
Interview’s will be held w/c 10th January 2022
Find out more about what it is like to work for The Vegan Society by reading our recruitment pack.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.