Work with us
The Vegan Society is an anagram of The Nicest Voyage. Quite fitting, we think, as for many people veganism is a journey – and a pretty remarkable one at that. Regardless of where you are on your vegan journey, our staff are on hand to make it easier, healthier and more fun. If you think you’d be great at helping others with this, read on, as this may be right up your street.
The Vegan Society makes veganism more accessible and an easily adopted approach by supporting individuals, policy and decision makers, caterers, manufacturers, health care professionals and the media.
Who we’re looking for
Are you passionate about changing the way we treat animals? Do you want to help reduce damage to our environment? Do you want to encourage people to enjoy healthy vegan food that looks good and tastes great? We’re looking for an enthusiastic dietitian who can help to support both individual behaviour change and system change.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
The Vegan Society as an organisation values equality, diversity, and inclusion. We want to be an organisation that tackles any structural discrimination or prejudice. We are actively trying to increase diversity in our organisation and encourage applications from all sections of the community. We will offer an automatic interview to all candidates who meet our essential criteria and who identify as from an under-represented race or ethnicity or as deaf, neurodiverse, or living with disability.
This role will be working within a team of sales professionals proactively contacting business to sell the benefits of the Vegan Trademark. They will nurture sustainable and long-term relationships finding the right fit our clients and delivering excellent customer service across a variety of touch points.
The post requires an experienced salesperson who can work across the new remote landscape as well as presenting confidently face to face. They should be motivated by closing deals, hitting targets and have an eye for spotting new opportunities.
More widely they will also support the sale of our Product VEG 1 via our expanding network of wholesalers.
As Trademark Sales Executive you will:
- Identify Trademark strategy driven sales opportunities within the supermarkets business line and take forward to confirmed order stage by engagement, meetings, to be achieved by cold calling, networking and social media
- Cross sell and upsell to existing supermarket clients
- Identify and convert new global supermarkets to adopt the vegan trademark
- Convert leads into orders through effective and timely engagement, selling the key features and benefits of the Vegan Trademark
- Develop tactical sales plans in line with sales Trademark strategy
- Develop own sales pipeline in line with budget driven targets
- Set up & agree amendments to Licensed Agreements & Non-Disclosure Agreements & deal directly with new clients & prospective clients with regards to all enquiries about Trademark applications from the UK & Internationally
- Identify and develop any necessary projects & processes for streamlining work and improving the client experience in conjunction with line manager
- Identification, engagement and successful closing of new business accounts
- Support the supermarkets team with effective Key Account Management
- Manage and grow accounts in identified business lines, ensuring excellent communications and customer care skills are demonstrated, to retain, maintain and increase client accounts
- Keep up to date and with accurate database and paper records inputting for clients on a designated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with an excellent level of attention to recording detail
- Develop a good understanding of the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods market across the range of products we register with the Trademark
- Attend trade shows and events as needed.
- Collaborate with Trademark Operations and Marketing teams & refer opportunities for promotional/marketing activities from accounts
- Provide monthly updates on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), objectives & workload progress to the Line Manager which will contribute to the overall success of the team
To be considered as our Trademark Sales Executive you must have:
- Proven experience as a Sales Executive or relevant role
- Demonstratable sales success within a B2B environment
- A thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy with strong MS Office skills
- The ability to establish strong working relationships with colleagues and Trademark clients
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and work to deadlines whilst under pressure.
- A good understanding of business operations: production processes and administration
- Demonstratable problem solving skills
- A professional and responsible approach confident and friendly manner
What we offer
- A fun and supportive team
- A solution-focused atmosphere and hard-working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme and health cash-back scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers scheme
- Animal companion compassionate leave
- Ethical pension scheme (5-7% employer contribution)
- Death in service benefit
- 28 Days leave + 8 Bank Holidays (25 days annual leave & 3 closure days)
This is full time role (37.5 hours per week) role with a salary of £24,391 - £27,041 per annum
This is a predominantly home-based position, but the successful candidate must be willing to travel to our head office in Birmingham when required.
The application deadline is 9am on Friday 3rd December 2021.
Interview’s will be held throughout December.
Find out more about what it is like to work for The Vegan Society by reading our recruitment pack.