An exciting opportunity is now available for an incoming CEO to lift the Vegetarian Society to the next level, realising new income streams, collaborative partnerships and wider reach. Our new CEO will help us to offer vegetarianism as a solution to the climate change crisis, a better option for health and a kinder way to live for animals. They will help us to be relevant and distinctive, to increase our impact and ensure a financially sustainable future.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who displays the following skills:
- A driven, dynamic and inspirational leader with the ability to grow and develop The Vegetarian Society Team
- Ability to develop a long-term vision and think entrepreneurially and strategically to grow the organisation
- A strong understanding of membership organisations and how to work with beneficiaries to represent and support them
- Excellent financial management skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of the digital channels over which we work and how to utilise them for the charity’s benefit
- The ability to act as a media spokesperson for the organisation, including on TV and radio
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage change
If you feel ready to take on the challenge, meet the criteria set out in the person specification and are confident in undertaking the role; we’d love to hear from you, and look forward to reading your application.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send a letter detailing how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification along with your CV
The closing date for applications is 9:00 a.m. on Monday 3rd May
Interviews to be held on Saturday 8th May
The Vegetarian Society aims to be a positive employer. We operate a 35-hour week, flexible working-time scheme and stakeholder pension. We offer 33 days annual leave including public holidays, among other benefits.
If you have any queries regarding the post, please contact us and ask for Antony Byatt
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.