The Vegetarian Society is a UK based charity at the forefront of ongoing work to inspire people to stop eating meat and adopt vegetarian and vegan diets for the benefit of animals, people and the planet.
Formed in 1847, we are the oldest Vegetarian Society in the world, with a rich history of activism over the past 175 years. However, our work is now more urgent than ever because of the unfolding global climate and biodiversity crisis.
We are now looking to recruit an Individual Giving Manager, a position which will play a crucial role in securing growth in our membership and an increase in individual donations in support of our mission and charitable aims.
Working closely with our new, aspirational leadership team, you will help the Society to meet the challenges of the next decade and beyond, building our profile, income and impact.
You will have demonstrable experience of driving growth in individual giving within other organisations and be capable of developing and delivering a new strategic plan for growth in income, while embracing flexible and agile ways of working to deliver against targets.
You will have a deep understanding of best practice in individual giving and an up to date working knowledge of the legislation and procedures governing charitable fundraising. Working closely with our marketing and communications directorate, you will develop bespoke engagement journeys for segmented target demographics, as you recognise the importance of good data management and are skilled in the use of Customer Relationships Management systems.
You will relish the challenge of:
- Developing and implementing a multi-year individual giving strategy to significantly increase growth in income associated with our membership, individual donations and legacies
- Maximise the value of the individual giving income stream through excellent relationship management, including the development of segmented donor journeys plus acquisition and retention plans
- Work with our Marketing and Communications Team to develop targeted fundraising campaigns to engage new and existing supporters and donors
- Lead on the development and promotion of our legacy giving offer maintaining strong relationships with current legacy pledgers and contact with local solicitors
- Identify potential new opportunities and fundraising activities and more efficient ways to take donations utilising latest industry trends and technology
- Ensure donor records on our CRM remain up to date, and allow for data segmentation in support of fundraising campaigns and other KPI reporting purposes
- Manage relationships with external fundraising agencies, ensuring value for money and that clear objectives and targets are set and monitored
If you feel ready to take on the challenge, meet the criteria set out in the person specification and are confident in undertaking the role; we’d love to hear from you, and look forward to reading your application.
How to apply
To apply for this post, please send a letter detailing how you meet the criteria set out in the job specification along with your CV.
The closing date for applications is 9:00 a.m. on Monday 18th July and interviews to be held week commencing 25th July
We operate a 35-hour week, flexible working-time scheme and stakeholder pension. We offer 33 days annual leave including public holidays, among other benefits.
The role will be based initially at ‘Parkdale’, our Altrincham office, with potential to move to central Manchester in the near future. We operate a hybrid working model and you will have flexibility to work from home but you will need to commute to our office on a regular basis.
The Vegetarian Society is committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background. Recognising that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in this sector, we are particularly keen to receive applications from people of colour, people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGBTQ+.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.