We are very grateful for the high number of applicants for this vacancy. Regrettably we will now only be able to contact candidates short listed for the role.
Are you highly-skilled and looking for a new challenge? Can you provide innovative strategic and operational solutions and lead others to deliver excellence as the CEO of The Veterans Farm-Able Foundation? Working closely with the Board of Trustees of The Veterans Farm-Able Foundation you will play a crucial role in securing the long-term sustainability of Farm-Able, facilitating its strategy, funding, governance and contributing to the successful implementation of future growth plans. A core component of the vision will be to consolidate the charity regionally, in order to establish a firm base to take it nationally within a 5-year period.
You will be an outstanding leader, a creative strategist, used to working in demanding roles with significant budget constraints and yet able to deliver wide ranging projects, with the ability to engage and influence various stakeholders and supported by a small but dedicated team.
The Veterans Farm-Able Foundation is a fledgling organisation. Its purpose is to support Veterans and Emergency Service Personnel, transitioning from the uniformed services and or suffering from trauma related conditions, through undertaking farming and rural skills activities as part of a rehabilitation programme.
The requirement is to exercise thought leadership, build a strong funding base, develop the management team, and develop the short and long term strategy and governance structures in order to deliver the programmes in support of emergency services and military veterans. As CEO, you’ll need to be commercially astute with proven expertise in driving financial sustainability, effective fundraising and diverse partnership building. You’ll understand that success in income diversification means that we’ll be able to increase our services and support to the wider veteran community, locally, regionally and nationally.
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
- A strategic thinker and deliverer, with considerable operational experience and willingness to get in to the detail and get their hands dirty
- A track record of leading, training and developing high performance teams - from inception to full operational capability and be comfortable working with a very small team with big ambition
- Previous teambuilding, charity service delivery and core services responsibility experience (ideally in the third sector, preferably in the military or emergency services) would be an advantage
- Experience in building a solid funding base, business development, through engaging in Government , banking, business and corporate circles
- Working in fluid environments where strategy, plans, governance, management structures and financials all have yet to be put in place – and form the early objectives for the post holder
For detailed requirements associated with the CEO role please see the job and person specification attached.
- Location: Buckfast Abbey, Nr Exeter, Devon
- Salary: £50K - £65Kpa
- Holidays: 30 days plus public holidays and 30 days unpaid holidays
- Contract: Contract role for 1 year with full intention to make it permanent subject to achieving funding targets
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 26th June 2020
Short Listed: Wednesday 15th July
Intended Interview Dates: 27 / 28th July (detailed information will be provided to successful short listed candidates)
To apply for the role please submit your CV and a supporting statement (of no more than two A4 sides) to the Interim Chair of the Board of Trustees, Stewart Harrison .
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.