The Senior Finance Business Partner will lead on financial planning and monitoring activities for designated business units.
You will provide a professional business partnering and support service to internal stakeholders and will be seen as a valued financial advisor to staff in delivering local and national strategic objectives.
You will be part of a wider Financial Planning and Analysis team and have a detailed understanding of the strategic financial plan of the organisation. You will have the ability to communicate and lead on the implementation of this across your designated business units. You will recognise and report risk at an appropriate level and encourage and develop meaningful and timely reporting that highlights key issues.
You will ensure accounting functions are undertaken to a high standard and provide the financial analysis required to support meaningful strategic decision-making within your regions.
You will lead on financial planning within your regions, ensuring budgets and forecasts are set and monitored, investigating and contextualising variances, developing meaningful reporting that is easily communicated and providing support and advice to regional management teams to enable high quality financial management.
A key part of your role will be to understand, encourage and advise regions on strong strategic financial planning. You will provide challenge and advice to your regions in balancing and growing diverse income streams, ensuring appropriate contributions to overheads and assessing risk and financial implications.
You will analyse and interpret results and trends to drive through an understanding of revenue and cost drivers to ensure insightful and informed financial decision making, escalating risk and communicating issues with the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, Finance Director and wider finance team.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner, you should:
- Be a qualified Accountant or qualified by experience with substantial financial management experience in a medium to large and complex organisation;
- Have an excellent understanding of management accounting, budget setting, financial reporting and forecasting and be financially and politically aware;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and explain complex information to non-finance staff in a relevant and meaningful way;
- Have experience of working with operational teams and helping shape strategic and business planning processes;
- The ability to work at a senior, strategic level, challenging senior stakeholders on their decision making relating to budgets and financials within their region.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.