The Workers` Educational Association is a unique charity and the UK`s largest voluntary sector provider of adult education. With a clear vision and a strong social purpose, we bring great teaching to local communities, with life-changing courses held in clubs, pubs, workplaces, schools and almost anywhere else you can think of.
Since 1903, we have been giving disadvantaged people the opportunity to return to learning - inspiring them to realise their full potential and become active, engaged citizens. We see education as a tool for social justice, not just self-improvement, and we pride ourselves on making learning accessible.
As one of our tutors, you`ll be so much more than just a teacher. Forming true partnerships with your students, you`ll go the extra mile to build their confidence, develop their knowledge and skills, and empower them to define and achieve their life goals. In short, you will be a catalyst for profound change.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Sales tutor to support provision across the North West. The main purpose of this post is to teach and offer support for students as part of a WEA Marketing and sales course through a holistic student approach. We are looking for a tutor who can provide inclusive support which encourages independent learning in relation to personal development, empowerment, and resilience and student engagement alongside academic achievement. The successful tutor will prepare course materials, identify students` needs, adapt courses and continually assess the effectiveness of your approach.
Every day will bring different yet exciting challenges.
A qualified and capable teacher, you will be keen to engage with students and rekindle their love of learning, and you will share our passion for egalitarianism and empowerment.
Because we serve people from all walks of life, we’re keen to develop a diverse workforce and particularly welcome applications from members of minority groups. You must be an experienced tutor who can plan and deliver appropriate tasks to help your students to develop a range of skills.
We need tutors with:
• up to date working knowledge and experience of teaching in the Marketing and Sales subject curricula to diverse student groups
• experience of working in community settings
• a strong understanding of adult learning and a belief in its importance
• a recognised teaching qualification ideally at level 5 alongside a subject specialism (ideally also at level 5)
• experience of delivering non accredited and accredited courses
• excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
• willingness to travel across the region with the ability to deliver evenings and weekends
• A desire to share and improve teaching practice
WEA assumes you will be excited by using digital technology both in the classroom with the student and to manage course administration and communication. The ideal candidate will be IT literate and able to deliver through a blended learning approaching including use of our VLE.