We have an immediate opportunity for an Accounting Manager to join our UK-based team. The role is to provide a pivotal role to support the Trust’s finance team with accounting, reporting and financial management and implementation of Oracle PeopleSoft modules.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The RZIM Zacharias Trust is a UK-registered Christian charity with a friendly, welcoming culture and a warm working atmosphere. Our organisational vision and mission is to provide thoughtful answers to difficult questions.
As a successful applicant, you will report to our global Chief Financial Officer (based in at RZIM Headquarters in Atlanta, USA) and will be responsible for the timeliness and effectiveness of the Finance and Accounting functions in the Trust, leading and ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of Actuals, Forecasts, and Budget reports for both internal and external distribution, as well as effective supervision, development and oversight of the UK finance department.
You will also have the opportunity to become a member of a stimulating Christian community, where you will take an active part in the prayer life of the team. Your main responsibilities would include:
- Leads preparation of monthly financial statements annual budgeting process to enable its submission to the Board of Directors for approval and funding.
- Collaborates with the Headquarters Finance Team to ensure alignment with finance processes and procedures to achieve global reporting consistency and cohesiveness.
- Interprets the Trust’s monthly financial results/variances to communicate them to key internal contacts and works with budget owners to prepare and deliver forecasts and financial analysis as needed and champions global internal control policies, processes, and procedures.
- Leads the Zacharias Trust annual independent external audit.
- Ensures full compliance and accurate reporting as required by external parties and acts as the main liaison for the Charities Commission, Companies House, UK SORP, insurance, banks, and other vendors or relevant in country government authorities.
- Processing and record keeping of all employees’ National Insurance (NI), payroll taxes, including pension deductions, and Gift Aid recovery.
- Leadership of UK Finance function.
To be successful in this role you will be an experienced finance professional, of graduate calibre (preferably with a degree in finance or accounting), with extensive experience of Microsoft Office Suite applications and PeopleSoft, Hyperion Planning, or other financial reporting software. You will also have an ACCA, equivalent qualification in accounting or full CIMA membership and committed to uphold financial integrity and achieving timely, high quality results and service, with a proven ability to work effectively with both finance and non-finance professionals to inspire sound stewardship and financial decision making. You will also be skilled and experienced in the area of Finance and Administration, with strong working knowledge of UK charities financial reporting under UK General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), FRS 102 and UK Statement of Recommended Practices (SORPs) as well as knowledge of British General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The ideal candidate will be well organised with the ability to set priorities, displaying resilience and remaining calm under pressure, and meet timely deadlines. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, with a strong work ethic, and will have a proven ability to work alone but also to build strong collaborative working relationships with colleagues across functions and organisational levels and securing trust and respect of colleagues, using positive influencing and relationship building skills. They will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate evidence a high level of emotional intelligence. In particular, they will be able to use a high degree of tact and sound judgment in dealing with financial and other sensitive information while maintaining high levels of confidentiality. They will display the leadership qualities that will enable them to lead and develop the finance team and are likely to have managed staff.
In return we offer a pleasant working environment, a friendly and open team atmosphere, generous pension scheme, death in service scheme and a range of other work benefits.
Please note: as a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian with a mature faith and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the statement of faith and values as well as the mission, principles and practices of the Trust.
You will also need to provide proof of your right to work in the UK as part of the application process.
This role is also likely to be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) standard check.
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV, together with a covering email outlining your suitability, details about what your Christian faith means to you and motivation for the role.