Theirworld is an influential global charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future. To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
As our communications team and digital publishing ambitions grow simultaneously, we are seeking a creative, hard-working digital media officer with strong and broad communication skills with the ability to learn quickly and readily take on new technical challenges.
This role would suit a candidate with 2-3 years’ experience of regular digital media content production in the charitable or non-governmental sector.
- Support our senior digital manager with social media output, digital advertising and production of our email newsletters
- Develop and monitor social media grid
- Develop and execute creative social media campaigns
- Engage our audiences over Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram and other channels
- Maintain, copy edit and post website content that maintains quality, accuracy and house style
- Working within Theirworld’s brand guidelines to support a strong, recognisable look to our content production
- Support Head of Digital with management of supporter and other databases
Experience, skills and character
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Regular production of social media content across multiple platforms.
- Competent on Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and at least one major CMS.
- Understanding of SEO and use of Google Analytics would be an advantage.
- Knowledge or competence in a CRM software such as ActionKit and/or Salesforce would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of developing a content calendar across a range of social media channels.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and adapt to different technical set-ups
- Determined, enthusiastic and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Creative thinker – ability to find identify creative solutions – able to identify and exploit opportunities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to get on with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player
- Legal permission to live and work in the United Kingdom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.