Theirworld is a global charity committed to ending the global education crisis and unleashing the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future. To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big changes needed to end the global education crisis.
This year is our 20th anniversary, and we are currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
One of these critical new hires is an engaging and creative Digital Media Officer. We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 1-3 years of social media experience who feels passionate about using their content and community management skills for a greater purpose.
A deep understanding of the leading social media channels (we operate Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter and YouTube), how they work, and how to develop high-quality content which engages our primary audiences are essential requirements for the successful applicant.
The role sits within our six-strong Communications team. This is a UK-based role in our London office and will report to the Head of Digital Communications. There may be occasional domestic or international travel as required.
Some examples of our recent work on social:
- TikTok created by one of our Global Youth Ambassadors on disability awareness for the Global Disability Youth Summit 2022
- Instagram Live conversation hosted by journalist Lorraine Candy with Sarah Brown, Yasmine Sheriff and youth activist Kashvi Chandok
- Twitter space conversation from Moldova discussing the Ukrainian refugee crisis between Theirworld President Justin van Fleet and consultant Maysa Jalbout
The post will cover a broad range of social media skills, with particular attention to:
- Coordinating annual, monthly, and weekly social media calendars
- Developing text copy and audio-visual assets across all our social media channels
- Coming up with creative ideas for content and formats which will keep our brand channels fresh and engaging to our different audiences
- Creating content and messaging which conforms to brand guidelines
- Delivering reports and ad-hoc advice to the Communications and Fundraising teams on what resources and assets are required for our social media channels
- Maintaining and using our social media management platforms (e.g., Sprout Social, influencer software) and other tools (Salesforce)
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and over time as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- Interest in access to education globally and policy advocacy and campaigning via digital channels
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow brand messaging, style and tone-of-voice guidelines
- Experience developing high volumes of social media posts within a short timeframe. Posting, scheduling and performance reporting. This includes the development of both copy and visual assets to accompany them
- Able to work with high-profile personalities and online influencers to provide briefs and support them in publishing online advocacy on behalf of Theirworld
- Experience using graphic design and social media tools, e.g., Canva, Adobe, Sprout
- Enthusiastic about all social media channels, staying up to date with the latest platform developments and engaging directly with the Theirworld audiences online
- Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.