Job title: Senior Partnership Coordinator
Theirworld is an influential global charity aiming to end the global education crisis and unleash the potential of the next generation. We work to ensure that every child has the best start in life, a safe place to learn, and skills for the future. To achieve this, we are tackling the lack of political will, financial commitment and action that is currently preventing the realisation of inclusive, quality education for all children. We bring together experience and evidence from our research and projects alongside the passion and power of our campaigns and communications to unlock the big, transformational changes needed to end the global education crisis.
We have existed since 2002, and we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation - assembling a world-class team of campaigners, communicators, researchers, advocates and project managers with the skills, commitment to our mission, and strong team spirit and creative energy to turn the organisation’s vision into reality.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Partnerships Coordinator to join our growing team. Reporting to the Head of Media and Partnerships and working with the organisation’s leadership, the role will be based in London, with occasional domestic and international travel as required.
The post will cover a broad range of partnership and external stakeholder management skills, with particular attention to:
- Liaising with key partners and funders to ensure strong, mutually beneficial engagement and positive experiences.
- Balancing the needs of “high priority, high engagement” partners, foundations, mid-size individual donors with other strategic and new partners
- Mapping out and supporting the execution of partnership engagement plans with major partners throughout the year
- Understanding, maintaining and operating from a central set of records with the information, deadlines, requirements, updates and engagement with various partners
- Proactively working to service and build existing and new relationships
- Working with the communications and media team to maintain information about the partnerships on the website and promoting partnerships in the media
- Organising periodic mailings, communications and engagements with our partners in written, digital and other formats and providing updates on our work
- Identifying opportunities to engage staff, employees and networks of major partners
- Supporting the development, planning and execution of partnership events – both large and small
- Supporting fundraising activities and events
- Supporting work on features media coverage for donors and fundraising coverage;
- Identifying opportunities for engagements of key personnel at our partner organisations in our events and activities
- Supporting the development and dissemination of fundraising packs for schools and community partners
These responsibilities and functions may be adjusted slightly for the right candidate and over time as needs change.
Experience, skills and character
- A well-organised “people person” with excellent engagement and communication skills
- Demonstrable interest in promoting educational opportunity and social justice to disadvantaged groups
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills. Good negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and nuance, and the ability to make connections between projects and stakeholders
- Ability to use a Salesforce database (to keep records updated as well as simple mailing tools
- Efficient, quick-thinking, thorough and detailed-oriented
- Interest in news, media and/or partnerships a plus
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write well, with proper grammar and spelling in both formal and informal contexts
- Good negotiation skills
- Determined, enthusiastic and proactive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to get on with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Resilient, a self-starter and a team player
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and CV with the title of the position in the subject line.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.