With over 25 years' experience, Theodora Children's Charity succesfuly works to improve the hospital experience for children and their families through our specially trained performers called Giggle Doctors. Our team of Giggle Doctors visit children aged 0-18 in 21 hospitals, 3 hospices and 2 specialist care centres throughout England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to support our small fundraising team with social media/design work once per week.
Working closely with the Fundraising Manager and Fundraising Officer to build our current social media platforms and to design promotional collateral by carryong out the following activities:
- Working with the Fundraising Officer to create a calendar of social media posts for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Liaising with the Giggle Doctors in oreder to get content for social media, e.g., selfies, video clips etc
- Assisting with collecting and writing content for our quarterly newsletter
- Thinking of creative ideas to increas our social media presence
- Writing up case studies from the children/families our Giggle Doctors visit
- Designing hospital information boards (posters, flyers)
- Putting together graphics to demonstrate our impact.
Time commitment: one full day per week (if possible). Our office hours are 9-5.30 and we have an available desk between Wednesday-Friday. Hours/days are flexible.
- Can confidently use programmes such as Word and PowerPoint
- Experience using social media platforms to help maximise our reach
- Experience of creative/content writing.
- Ability to use InDesign and other creative programmes.
What we can offer:
- Experience working in the charity sector with support and supervision from our fundraising team
- The opportunity to learn new IT and communication skills, including the use of our InDesign programme
- Advice on careers within the charity sector and a reference
- Reasonable travel expenses covered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.