With over 25 years' experience, Theodora Children's Charity successfully works to improve the hospital experience for children and their families through our specially trained performers called Giggle Doctors. Our team of Giggle Doctors visit children aged 0-18 in 21 hospitals, 3 hospices and 2 specialist care centres throughout England.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to support our small fundraising team to bring in donations and grow our Giggle Doctor Programme. The position will give you experience of the different areas of fundraising so it's ideal for somebody who is thinking of a career in fundraising.
To support our Corporate, Trusts and Foundations and Community Fundraising activities by the following:
- Researching prospects such as Community Groups, Corporates and Trusts/Foundations
- Assisting with completing funding applications
- Making phone-calls to groups and organisations
- Sending out thank you letters
- Using our fundraising database to strore data and record correspondence.
- One full day per week (if possible). Our office hours are 9-5.30. We have an available desk between Wednesday-Friday. Hours/days are flexible.
- Confident in using programmes such as Word and Excel
- Comfortable making phone-calls to groups and organisations.
What we can offer:
- Experience working in the fundraising department of a charity, with support and supervision from our fundraising team
- The opportunity to learn new IT and communication skills
- Advice on careers within the charity sector and a reference
- Reasonable travel expenses covered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.