Payroll Team Leader
Thera trust is the parent company of Thera Group; a charitable group of companies that supports people with a learning disability. Our unique leadership and structure includes people with a learning disability. Through this we can demonstrate that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society but we can’t do this without you! Thera Trust is now looking for an experienced Payroll Team Leader to join our Payroll team based in Grantham.
Position: Payroll Team Leader
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshire
Job type: Full Time, 39 hours per week (Flexible working considered)
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum
About the role:
The Payroll Team Leader will work alongside the Payroll Manager within our busy central services team, providing in-house pay support to our 15 subsidiaries and their staff teams. They will help to ensure the smooth running of the payroll department and will oversee the end to end payroll process ensuring a high level of accuracy whilst maintaining a supportive approach to our workforce.
The Payroll Team Leader will also be responsible for quality checking task completion monitoring, investigating any discrepancies whilst maintaining excellent customer service and be an advocate for continuous improvement. A suitable applicant will also need to act as a mentor and trainer to members of their team.
- Must have experience working within a Payroll team – shared service centre experience is desirable.
- Can successfully multitask, whilst working with pace and professionalism.
- Able to influence and motivate others to achieve.
- Leadership or management experience.
- Payroll qualification – CIPP or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience of TUPE and multiple sector pensions is desirable.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to interpret complex written and numerical information and summarise in a way that is easily accessible.
What are the Benefits?
- 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- Contributory workplace pension, with option of enhanced pension offering.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Health Cash Plan scheme.
- Employee support line to support you and your family.
- Support in gaining professional qualifications.
- Continuous on the job training is provided.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.
You may have experience of the following: Payroll Team Leader, Sage 50, Finance Administrator, PAYE, SSP, SMP, Payroll Supervisor, SAP, SPP, NI, HRMC, Finance Assistant, Payroll Officer, Sage, National Insurance, HR Administrator, Human Resources etc.