About the role
THET is a dynamic and well-established charity that has been operating for over 30 years. The last three years have seen a period of considerable success as THET has worked to diversify its income sources resulting in growth.
If you enjoy being a part of something challenging and relish the opportunity to work alongside the senior leadership team of an INGO, to develop a high-performing HR and Operations function providing professional support to all staff, this role is for you.
Overseeing all aspects of HR for the charity including payroll and insurance, you will need to be a confident, diplomatic verbal communicator capable of providing support and solutions to the staff at all levels across the organization. The last staff survey showed 96% of colleagues have a good relationship with their managers and colleagues, and 89% approval rating for how the charity is responding to COVID-19 but are committed to doing even better.
A highly professional self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative and stay calm in busy environments, you will be joining a six-person Finance and Operations team who are dedicated to THET’s mission of ensuring everyone everywhere can access quality healthcare.
Today, one billion people will never see a qualified health worker in their lives.
Since 1988, THET has been working to change this. From reducing maternal deaths in Uganda to improving the quality of hospital care for injured children in Myanmar, we work to strengthen local health systems and build a healthier future for all.
We do this by leveraging the expertise and energy of the UK health community, supporting Health Partnerships between NHS institutions, Royal Colleges, and academic institutions in the UK and those overseas.
In the past ten years, THET has reached over 100,000 health workers across 31 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia in partnership with over 130 UK institutions.
You can learn more about our work on our website.
Accountability and working relationships.
This role reports to the Director of Finance and Operations but works very closely with the Senior Management Team, HR and Operations Officer, Country Directors, and Management Team in the UK.
1. To establish and develop a dialogue and relationship with the Country Directors and Team Managers in the UK, to understand key resource issues and associated requirements to meet both current and future organizational challenges.
2. To act as the lead advisor on all employee-related matters including contracts.
3. To identify and support the charity to successfully deliver credible, customer-focused, cost-effective, and innovative recruitment solutions using a range of techniques.
4. To line-manage the full-time HR and Operations Officer.
5. In collaboration with the HR & Operations Officer develop a resourcing strategy and innovative, timely, and cost-effective best practice solutions to enable THET to meet its objectives.
6. To support the implementation and further improvement of Training and Development plans to support the achievement of organizational objectives and managing change.
7. To act as the lead HR Adviser for all Grievance, Disciplinary and Capability processes.
8. To provide operational advice, coaching, and guidance to line managers and staff to embed performance management against organizational objectives.
9. To provide operational delivery of customer focussed and cost-effective HR transactional services and associated administration.
10. To undertake project work that supports HR policy and processes development and implementation to ensure legal compliance and best practice.
- MCIPD membership of CIPD (level 7)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent experience in a relevant area)
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Employment law.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (or
equivalent experience in a relevant area)
- Highly developed oral and written presentational skills, with the ability to be an effective advocate for THET.
- Ability to build partnerships, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects and to prioritize effectively, especially in the face of competing demands.
- A creative thinker, able to bring new ideas in response to complex problems.
- Confident and resilient, with the ability to engage in robust debate about HR best practices and priorities.
- Ability to coach and facilitate.
- Minimum intermediate-level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to manipulate data and create reports in an HR database.
• Strong commitment to THET’s cause and values.
• Highly motivated self-starter.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Intercultural sensitivity and awareness.
4 days per week (30 hours a week)
The HR Manager will have regular contact with all THET staff (London and overseas offices), including a diverse range of external stakeholders. The post holder will be part of the Finance, HR, and Operations team.
What we offer:
• Flexible working hours
• 25 days annual leave plus 3 days winter closure between Christmas and New Year
• 5% pension contribution when Employee contributes 3%
• Cycle to work scheme
• A friendly, supportive work environment
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter by midnight 2nd May 2021.THET is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is UK-based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.