The role is ideal for a person who relishes the opportunity to work in a friendly, innovative, medium-sized charity which occupies a very distinctive place at the interface between the NHS and health services across Africa and Asia. It is vital that you have experience of working in an international charity. As the HR and Operations Officer, you will work as part of the Finance and Operations team and interact regularly with the 40 or so members of the staff team.
The HR & Operations Officer takes responsibility for all aspects of the administration for the charity, including supporting HR, Operations and IT processes. We have additional outsourced support for IT and HR functions. This post plays a key role in ensuring the efficient management and upkeep of the charity’s office. 2020 is a very exciting time of growth for the charity which will see increase in staff resources.
Accountability and working relationships
The HR & Operations Officer is accountable to the Director of Finance and Operations and will work closely with the SMT and Finance team. In addition, this post has considerable interaction with members of the UK Head office and Country staff based overseas.
1. To be the first point of contact for managers and staff on all general HR operational enquiries in adherence to THET’s policies and procedures, legislation and best practice.
2. To oversee recruitment including advertising vacancies, organising shortlisting and assessment panels.
3. To manage staff Inductions: work with colleagues to implement a robust induction plan for all new employees, process references, background checks, payroll details, right to work checks, contracts etc.
4. Absence Management: manage online system to record absence (sickness, holiday, TOIL)
5. To support the Training and development function and needs arising from the appraisals process including the administration and co-ordination of internal training.
6. To ensure HR Records are up to date, accurate and compliant with legislation.
7. To support the Senior Management Team in drafting HR related reports when required.
8. Provide the monthly payroll data and liaise with the external payroll service provider to provide the smooth running of the monthly payroll.
9. To carry out project work and assist with the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
10. Manage the administration of employee benefits, including pensions, eye care vouchers and season-ticket loans, liaising with any external benefits providers as needed.
11. Coordinate meetings with Trustees and ensure all paperwork relating to meetings are properly managed.
Administration and Facilities
1. To provide general administrative support to senior management ensuring the smooth running of the UK office.
2. To procure stationery and office equipment in line with budget.
3. To distribute post and arrange courier deliveries.
4. To be the first point of contact for the landlord ensuring high standards of health and safety and services for THET.
5. Liaising with building management to ensure safety to the work environment in line with government COVID 19 return to work guidelines.
6. To coordinate any London Office relocations.
7. To support staff working remotely to be able to work efficiently.
8. To be the main contact for Health & Safety for the UK office, developing and implementing the Health and safety policy and ensuring that staff comply with this.
9. Support the Director of Finance and Operations in making insurance claims and ensuring that THET has appropriate insurance cover.
10. To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested commensurate with experience and THET requirements.
1. To support IT function and security of THET’s electronic records.
2. To act as the main point of contact for the outsourced supplier.
3. To support the team in sourcing for essential IT equipment.
Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave, plus 3 additional days between Christmas & New Year plus bank holidays
Pension: Three months probationary period after which the post-holder will be eligible to join the contributory pension scheme. Eye care voucher scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Subsidised staff canteen.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining precisely how you satisfy the person specification through the link provided on or before Wednesday, 08th July 2020.
Closing Date: Sunday, Wednesday 08th July 2020.
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.