Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
· Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for UK bank accounts.
· Set up weekly payment run on the online banking system including funds requests from regional offices.
· Prepare monthly journals for accruals, prepayment and ensure balance sheet reconciliations are in line with month end time-table and year end time-table.
· Oversee the purchase ledger.
· Supervise the Finance Officer in relation to finance duties.
· Assist the Head of Finance, HR and Operations in the preparation and production of statutory accounts, management accounts and board financial reports.
· Work with the Head of Finance, HR & Operations to review and implement internal control systems to ensure financial probity.
· Any other duties as requested from time to time by the Head of Finance, HR & Operations.
· Provide proactive support to overseas finance staff to build Finance capacity in country and ensure accurate reporting.
· Hold regular Skype calls with overseas finance colleagues to ensure efficient and smooth running financial processes between the offices.
· Act as the first point of contact to resolve financial queries on projects, escalating only where necessary to the Head of Finance, HR & Operations.
· Process regional offices monthly returns as per agreed deadlines.
· Produce accurate donor reports as per donors reporting guidelines.
· Reconcile bank reconciliations, petty cash and advance accounts for all regional offices.
· Work with Head of Finance to review quarterly expenditure forecasts.
· Work closely with Head of Programmes to ensure that London salary costs are properly recharged to programmes.
· Prepare quarterly journals for FX gains or losses and quarterly cost recovery charges.
· Working closely with the Head of Finance to manage the financial systems and processes that enable THET to satisfy donor reporting requirements.
· Work with Head of Finance and Programme staff in relation to the development of new programmes budgets.
· Undertake visits to regional offices for internal audit and finance capacity building in country.
· CCAB qualified or part-qualified, with at least two years’ experience of working in a financial position in a similar environment
· A high level of proficiency in English
· Willing and able to undertake overseas travel
· Experience of QuickBooks or similar accounting packages
· Understanding of SORP, VAT, technical accounting and analytical skills
· Good communications skills, with the ability to provide instruction, guidance and advice to other staff as well as being able to present financial data to non-financial colleagues
· Able to meet deadlines and identify and resolve problems
· Experience of financial modelling desirable.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th January 2019
Interviews: Friday, 01st February 2019
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK