Technical Manager, Health Systems Strengthening
To provide technical support to THET’s health systems strengthening work.
You will support the implementation of the global health workforce programme, providing
technical support to grant holders on health systems and health workforce development, and
input to the documentation and dissemination of research and learning on health workforce
interventions in LMICs.
In addition, the role will contribute to wider processes within THET, across our programmatic,
policy and advocacy work, and with our partners across the Health Partnership community,
providing high-quality technical support to the design and delivery of programmes and
research, which contributes towards systemic, long-term improvements in health systems.
1. Contribute to the development of THET’s health systems and health workforce strengthening
work, including through provision of high-quality technical support in the design and delivery
of THET’s programmes.
2. Support THET’s overall research portfolio, providing health systems and health workforce
research advice and contributing to the design, delivery and monitoring of research and
evaluation activities, including literature review, research protocol and tools development, data
collection methods (qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods), data analysis, and synthesis and
dissemination of findings, in collaboration with the Research, Evidence and Learning and
External Engagement Teams.
3. Contribute to reflection and thinking across THET and the wider Health Partnership
community on strengthening Health Partnership contributions to HWF and health systems
4. Input and contribute to the design and delivery of THET learning events, with particular focus
on HWF and health systems strengthening, including conferences, skills building sessions,
webinars, and policy dialogue.
5. Seek out opportunities to present and disseminate programme learning and evidence of the
contribution of Health Partnerships to HWF and health systems strengthening.
6. Support THET staff and our external partners to create learning opportunities around the
discussion of health systems strengthening approaches by, for example, contributing to our
conferences and events, and policy discussions.
7. Contribute to the development of learning products – blogs, talking/discussion
points/briefing notes, reports, evidence, technical and policy briefs, publications, presentations,
skills building sessions and webinars to disseminate and support the uptake of research
findings and programme results and learning in external for a and meeting with external
partners, in collaboration with Research, Evidence and Learning and External Engagement
8.Support the development of Terms of Reference and implementation of
9.Support stakeholder engagement and relationship building with priority technical partners
and programme stakeholders, and other health workforce and health systems strengthening
partners and experts.
10.Support the review of partner reporting and reporting to funders.
11.Participate in THET team and external programme meetings.
12.Undertake other activities that might reasonably be requested by the Technical Director to
support the delivery of KPIs and Strategic Plan.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a coworking space in Liverpool Street
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave benefits
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave plus three days off between Christmas and New Year
- Annual learning & development allowance
- 5% employer pension contribution when an employee contributes 3%.
- Cycle to work scheme
- A friendly, supportive work environment.
How to apply:
Candidates can apply by submitting a cover letter stating why they are interested in this position, what they would bring to the role and how they fit the person's specification.
This letter should be submitted with a CV through the application link by midnight Tuesday, 2nd Jan 2024 with ‘Technical Services Manager’ in the subject line.
THET is an equal-opportunity employer, and any form of canvassing will lead to
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to
work in the UK
You can learn more about our work on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.