THET is an international health charity which sits at the heart of a network of UK institutions working with partners in Africa and Asia. These include hospitals, professional bodies, diaspora-led community groups and small charities. Together, we are very actively responding to the direct and indirect challenges of COVID-19.
THET is now looking to broaden and develop this network by strengthening the capacity of UK institutions to engage in global health work. We will do this by developing and delivering a comprehensive capacity development programme, using participatory workshops and online tools and resources. The programme will deliver demonstrable improvements against quality assured standards, of the capacities of participating organisations, their partners and beneficiaries.
The Training Coordinator will drive this work, drawing on their own expertise in capacity building and online training, supported by THET’s Policy and Learning, External Engagement and Grants Management Teams.
The successful candidate will be joining THET at an exciting period of growth for the charity as we seek to capitalise on renewed UK Government support for this approach.
Today, one billion people will never see a qualified health worker in their lives.
Since 1988, THET has been working to change this. From reducing maternal deaths in Uganda to improving the quality of hospital care for injured children in Myanmar, we work to strengthen local health systems and build a healthier future for all.
We do this by leveraging the expertise and energy of the UK health community, supporting Health Partnerships between NHS institutions, Royal Colleges and academic institutions in the UK and those overseas.
In the past ten years THET has reached over 100,000 health workers across 31 countries in Africa, the Middle East and Asia in partnership with over 130 UK institutions.
You can learn more about our work on our website.
Accountability and working relationships
This role will report to the Policy and Learning Manager but work very closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning(MEL) Adviser, Grants Officers and colleagues in the External Engagement Team.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of a strategy to effectively engage UK institutions with the potential to engage in global health activity by working closely with the Policy and Learning Manager including:
- Identifying and engaging with external stakeholders who could benefit from capacity building support
- Develop call for proposal documents
2. Lead on the development of capacity development project tools in partnership with the Policy and Learning and Grants Management teams, including:
- Create an online syllabus and effectively and efficiently manage online training courses
- Develop learning materials which we will be delivered through online training
- Call for proposal documents that will solicit applicants to support development of webinars
3. Deliver online training to UK institutions
- Lead on delivery of online training in conjunction with Health Partnerships using online learning sets
- Work with the External Engagement team on the use of digital platforms and integrating online learning materials
4.Facilitate virtual networking and peer to peer support
- Create an atmosphere that promotes the development of a sense of community among participants
- Effectively use selected technology to support online learning, helping participants identify and use appropriate learning techniques and identify strengths and areas of needed improvement
- Facilitate networking events for UK institutions
- Develop reciprocity and cooperation among participants which encourages peer to peer support
- Degree level (Essential)
- Qualification in education and/or training( Desirable)
- Developing and delivering capacity development initiatives and training (Essential)
- Confidence using digital communications (Essential)
- Experience of contributing to a Health Partnership / links programme (Desirable)
- Experience of global health and international development (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the UK health community (Desirable)
- Training and education experience (Essential)
- Health Partnerships (Essential)
Skills & Abilities
- Training skills(Essential)
- Digital Communication skills (Essential)
- Communication skills (Essential)
- Ability to assimilate information (Essential)
- Teamworking skills - collaborative (Essential)
- Cultural awareness (Essential)
- Adaptability (Essential)
- Self-starter (Essential)
The full Job specification is also attached
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter by midnight 7th December.
Interviews will take place in the week commencing 14th December. THET is an equal opportunities employer.
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK.