Think Equal’s vision is a safe, free and equal world, and our mission is to achieve a global system change in education by introducing Social and Emotional Learning as a compulsory new Early Years subject on national curricula around the world. We ask: “How can it be deemed compulsory for a child to learn mathematics in an age in which we have calculators, and yet it is optional for a child to learn how to value another human being and lead healthy relationships?”
Purpose of the Role
The Corporate Relations and Grant Manager will have the responsibility to assist CEO in developing and implementing the Think Equal development Strategy. The post holder will lead on the business development, innovative funding partnership, corporate relations and grants. The post holder will play a key role in the organisation development by raising its profile, reaching new partners and increasing income – helping to define and deliver our Strategic development.
Reports to: CEO
Salary: £ 37,000 - £ 40,000 Full time equivalent (37 hours per week)
Contract: 2.5-3 days Salary pro-rated
Location: London, UK.
- Secure new sponsorship by identifying prospects, researching, qualifying, approaching, and soliciting prospects in order to secure support.
- Adhere to steps of the fundraising cycle and best practices to develop relationships through the process.
- Increase the exposure and understanding of Think Equal within the related CSO and funding community with stakeholders to develop relationships and secure new support.
- Prepare and analyse fundraising pipeline reports and dashboards.
- Prepare reports and presentations as and when appropriate and required.
- Creating presentations for internal and external use. Internal such as board meetings, orientation programs, etc.
- Prepare a project-specific calendar for each specific corporate.
- Design and develop employees participation program for donors.
- Design and develop campaigns for corporate donors.
- Submit proposals with an action plan to gain support.
- Complete a monthly projection plan to demonstrate fundraising activities and follow-up with scheduled activity reports to demonstrate goal achievements.
- Work with team members to ensure that quality work is being performed and deadlines are being met.
- Represent the organisation at networking events.
- Collaborate with management and staff to set goals and determine organisational needs.
- Document all sponsorships and complete all necessary paperwork for accounting and operational fulfilment.
- Work with Director of Finance and Resources to complete reporting requirements of funding, as required.
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing account base and expand relationships where possible.
- Ensure fulfilment and delivery of all deliverables.
- Manage programme staff and volunteers.
- Support communications work of the organisations.
- General ad hoc office administration as part of a small self-servicing team;
- Undertaking any other reasonable support and or activity as required.
- Ensure that at all times you take care of your health and safety and that of others by complying with health and safety obligations, particularly by reporting promptly any defects, risks or potential hazards;
- Comply with the policies and procedures of Think Equal at all times;
- Support the vision, values and objectives of the organisation;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure compliance with data protection requirements;
- Contribute to close working relationships with all personnel and help to build an open and honest culture that facilitates learning, creativity and excellence;
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post;
- Carry out as directed, any other duties as required in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within your capabilities.
- Degree or equivalent – essential
- Experience in corporate relations and or grant and fundraising – essential
- Experience in administration or similar working environment – essential
- Administration and development in international development organisation/charity – desirable
- Experience of working/supporting communications – desirable
Knowledge and understanding
- You will have a track record of delivering results in at least one and preferably more of the key areas of corporate relations and grants management on a managerial level.
- Able to see and communicate big picture in inspiring way .
- Exhibit passion and excitement over work and has can do attitude.
- Maintain stable performance under heavy pressure.
- Adjust quickly to changing priority and conditions.
- You do not cut corners and deliver with high level of integrity and honesty.
- A high level of planning and organising skills to manage multiple deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive professional relationships and perform effectively as a member of a team;
- Ability to engage individuals and organisations in the work of Think Equal;
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills;
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative, delegate and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities;
- Ability to demonstrate a passion for developing the work of Think Equal.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Some working outside standard UK hours.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter (no more than 2 A4 pages) by 2 November 2020. Please include your availabilty for interview and start date along with your expecation for salary.
Please note that we do not sponsor visa, you must have right to work in the UK for this post.