ThinkForward Head of Impact
Job title: Head of Impact
Location: Angel, London
Salary: £41,729 - £43,647
Contract type: Permanent, full-time 37.5 hrs a week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Responsible to: Director of Delivery
Responsible for: Data and Insights Executive
Key Relationships: Regional Delivery Managers, Performance & Impact Committee
To apply: Please send your CV along with a cover letter (Word versions, not PDFs, please) of no more than one side explaining your interest and motivation in applying for this role; and outlining your experience, knowledge and skills that demonstrate your suitability for the role.
Application Deadline – 9am on 5th September 2019
Interviews to be held on 12th and 13th September 2019
Benefits: Up to 4.5% employer pension contributions, 25 days annual leave with additional office closure days at Christmas, semi-flexible working, 2 paid volunteer days, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, death in service payment.
Overview of ThinkForward:
ThinkForward is a breakthrough coaching programme that ensures young people who are disengaged from or underperforming at school receive the support they need to transition into sustained employment. Young people are identified for the programme at age 13 based on risk factors known to increase their chances of future unemployment. They are then given one-to-one support from a Progression Coach who builds a trusted and long-term relationships, helping them to overcome challenges in and out of school and linking them to ready for work activities provided by a community of businesses. By the end of the programme young people develop the aspirations, skills and mind-sets needed to thrive and sustain employment.
Our ThinkForward programme works with hard to reach, disengaged young people in Tower Hamlets and Islington in London, Nottingham, and Kent; and our MoveForward programme works in London, Kent and the West Midlands with young people who have mild to moderate learning disabilities with the aim of supporting them into sustainable paid employment.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Delivery, the Head of Impact is a new role building on ThinkForward’s existing track record of managing impact. Over the past twelve months, we have made significant progress in understanding our impact and are seeking to further improve our programme and prove our impact through data insights. This role comes at a time when there is significant momentum behind driving a culture of impact, and the successful candidate will provide inspirational leadership and oversight of this approach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Head of Impact will work alongside the Director of Delivery to define impact priorities, with a three-year ambition and development plan
- Oversight of fortnightly performance management reviews with regional managers, ensuring coaches are meeting our Programme Promise (expected number of interventions) with their young people
- Provide effective data feedback loops which ensure a process and culture of continuous assessment and improvement
- accountable for the effectiveness and robustness of our evaluation process for internal learning and programme development
- use outcomes data to improve our understanding about how effective certain elements of the programme are at driving the changes we want to see in the young people
- run regular ‘deep dive’ evaluations of the programme, exploring certain elements of the programme in more depth, and shaping the design of the programme
- design and implement termly and annual impact reviews
- define, commission and manage external evaluation projects
External impact reporting:
- responsible for the integrity, quality, relevance and timeliness of reporting back to schools about the impact of the programme
- develop regular automated reporting to parents about the progress their young people are making on the programme
- work closely with the Director of Fundraising and communications to understand reporting requirements for output-based contracts, create clear frameworks for funder-based impact reporting, and support development of funding bids
- work closely with the Director of Fundraising and communications and communication executive to guide and inform the organisation’s broader impact narrative for general marketing purposes and for particular marketing and communications projects
- provide leadership to the impact team through effective line management of the Data and Insights Executive
- champion an impact-focused culture, fostering a culture of inquisitiveness, openness to learning and data literacy amongst all delivery staff – including finding creative ways of cross-team working and learning
- steward ThinkForward’s commitment to achieving outcomes for our young people by engaging the whole staff team with the impact agenda
- train and support front-line staff in the effective use of impact measurement tools
- responsible for managing the relationship with our CRM system service provider – planning and delivering system improvements and development for the whole organisation’s needs
- act as the gatekeeper for changes to our CRM system used to deliver and monitor the programme
The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering measurable and meaningful outcomes for young people on the ThinkForward and MoveForward programmes. They will understand what makes impactful programmes work and will be excited about leading the organisation to the next level of being driven by impact. They will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Ability to grasp complex concepts and challenges, and frame strategic questions, and make thoughtful recommendations on how to proceed
Knowledge of key questions within the sector and how these might affect our work
Experience of driving effective performance management of social impact programmes
Experience of producing management reports and data, presenting complex information in an abridged format
Experience of evaluating social sector programmes
Experience of reviewing and implementing evidence-based impact measurement tools and client experience measures
Ability to develop an understanding of the complex statistical tools required to undertake effective evaluations
Strong communicator, with the ability to discuss project and data outputs with internal and external stakeholders, including facilitating learning and driving behavioural change across the organisation
Experience of working in or alongside delivery teams to drive impact agenda
Data & Systems
Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
Experience of using CRM tools, in the context of programme delivery – experience of CiviCRM desirable but not essential
Ability to translate delivery needs into IT systems requirements
Knowledge of legislation and current good practice relating to information management
Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to deliver to regular deadlines for multiple audiences
Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work under pressure to tight deadlines
Commitment to ThinkForward’s mission and values – passionate about making a difference and equipping young people with the tools they need to succeed in life
ThinkForward is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
ThinkForward is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This will role will be offered subject the outcome of a DBS check.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.