How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Role: HR Manager
Department: HR Team
Reporting to: Head of HR
Location: Office Based – Tavistock Square
Contract type: Permanent
The role will be to support the Head of HR working in the busy, fast paced HR department. The main functions of the role will be to; coordinate all aspects of recruitment activities across TPT and our partner
organisations, posting job ads, shortlisting, coordinating interviews, administering the onboarding pre-employment check process, producing offers letters/contracts of employment, accurately managing staff data
and updating electronic HR database systems. The post holder will also be expected to improve the learning and professional development of the organisation’s workforce, and to support the induction of all staff.
Duties will include working collaboratively across the company and our partner organisations; supporting the development of people and services.
The role will involve providing support to the Head of HR to develop the performance of the Charity and to develop the performance of the business in line with Strategic, and organisational targets.
The work will also include administration and project related support.
Among the range of duties, the post holder will:
· Work collaboratively as part of the HR team to deliver on key strategic projects for the organisation.
· Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of learning and development initiatives and identify with key stakeholders and PDPs (personal development plans) to develop the L&D initiatives.
· Evaluate the progress and outcomes of initiatives being delivered, particularly focusing on training/benchmarking.
· Organise and assist with research and training information/policies and inclusivity.
· To develop and manage the training library/budget
· Representing Pocklington at meetings and attending relevant training courses.
· Support the Head of HR with the Reward Gateway management account and work to improve the accessibility of Pocklington Perks.
· Support with the recruitment, onboarding and induction process of new starters including indicatives like the intake days, Buddy scheme, orientation sessions.
· Advise and work collaboratively with key stakeholders on reasonable adjustments, ergonomics and support for new starters e.g. enabler questionnaires etc.
· Have a sound working knowledge of Access to Work and support all colleagues in applying/at the assessment stage
· To fully support all internal events hosted by TPT, e.g. staff conference/staff forum/managers network days.
· Support in preparing for key meetings by organising documents that will be presented;
· Maintain the communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff, in the organisation on the progress of programmes e.g. workplace.
· Administering HR-related documentation, such as offer letters and contracts of employment
· Creating paper/electronic files for new starters and ensure folders are up to date
· Ensuring the relevant HR spreadsheets are up to date
· Updating HR Database and ESR (TRACE) regularly
· Updating organisational charts where appropriate
· Updating Workplace for new starters and leavers
· Shredding/Discarding historic DBS/ HR files
· Completing termination paperwork and leavers files
· Continuously review, improve and develop effective administration systems and process to meet the needs of all services.
· Disclosure & Barring Service – Collating DBS information and submitting accurately completed DBS forms with supporting documents within appropriate timeframes, ensuring we remain compliant.
· Management of confidential correspondence and papers, applying discretion and professionalism at all times;
· Support in preparing for key meetings by organising documents that will be presented
· To manage the People Development inbox and be the first point of contact for all general enquiries
· Coordinating diaries, scheduling and general workload management
· Have a knowledge of issues faced by those with sight loss
· Work flexibly and undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required taking account the nature and scope of the duties of the position.
It is a requirement of all staff that they:
· Work to support of the values of the charity.
· Positively work in support of the principles outlined in the organisation’s Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy.
· Assist in maintaining a safe working environment by attending training in basic and specialist health and safety requirements as necessary.
· Comply with the requirements of the organisation’s human resource policies and procedures.
Proficiency is required in the following areas
· Organisational skills
· Flexible approach
· Ability to plan well and priorities
· Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook being mandatory)
· Working within a small team
Essential = E
Desirable = D
Competencies and Skills
TPT Staff Benefits:
Thomas Pocklington Trust (TPT) is a charity established to provide services for visually impaired people: our mission is to improve the lives of people living with sight loss.
TPT is registered with the Disability Confident Scheme as a Disability Confident Committed employer. Therefore, we believe in treating all employees fairly and we are committed to recruiting equally. TPT’s charitable objective and aim is to support visually impaired individuals back into work. For this reason, we actively seek applications from all backgrounds including disabled/visually impaired individuals and people who have lived experience of sight loss. We also guarantee all disabled applicants that reach the minimum appointment criteria an interview. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons who have the appropriate skills and talent regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.