Wanted: A fundraiser to help us transform our operations and ensure that we can continue the work of caring for our greyhounds and heavy horses.
Tia Rescue is growing its team by creating a new role of Fundraiser. In this role, you will focus on developing our various existing avenues of fundraising and identifying and implementing additional new channels of income for the charity.
You should be enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative whilst also working closely with our wider team. You will need to be assertive, yet tactful and able to convey our cause while engaging with stakeholders. You will have a proven ability to build and nurture relationships, with a strong foundation of skills in event management along with previous experience of charity fundraising.
The role will be mainly working from home; however, we would expect the candidate to visit the main site from time to time as well as our local charity shops and local and regional supporters/funders. Knowledge of the local area and local Corporates/SMEs will be considered an advantage.
Job Description: Tia Fundraiser
The Tia Fundraiser will:
- Review existing fundraising within Tia and identify areas to expand, enhance or terminate fundraising activities;
- Identify and establish relationships with local and national corporates in order to develop future fundraising channels;
- Manage the ongoing relationship with existing and new entities, including feedback of Tia Rescue activities and acting an ambassador for Tia Rescue to stakeholders;
- Identify event and charity sponsors, manage the ongoing sponsor relationships and increase overall sponsorship income; and
- Instigate, organise, and manage fundraising events, including virtual events throughout the year.
The role of Fundraiser will be responsible to the board of Trustees; however, operational reporting will be to the Chair of Trustees, Debra Rothery.
Principal Assignment Objectives
Research and development of corporate relationships to include:
- working with local and national corporates to identify possible fundraising relationships;
- obtaining event and charity sponsorship where appropriate;
- negotiating corporate discounts for expenses incurred by the Charity;
- negotiating corporate support and donations to the charity, either monetary or materials; and
- maintaining the relationships on an ongoing basis, reporting back to corporates, developing further involvement and acting as brand ambassador as appropriate to satisfy their own reporting requirements.
Identify opportunities to host Tia Rescue fundraising events, both physical and virtual, and lead the organisation and delivery of such events throughout the year, aiming to achieve a mutually agreed target income. To include:
- Obtaining corporate support for events;
- Initiating advertising of events through preparation of press releases for approval and distribution;
- Sourcing of auction and raffle prizes where appropriate.
- Sourcing venue, catering and entertainment;
- Managing ticket sales, marketing and subscriptions;
- Liaising with volunteers regarding staffing of the events; and
- Managing data capture from supporters and participants to aid in analysis, budgeting and development of fundraising leads.
You will attend regular meetings with the Chair of Trustees and other members of Tia’s management team to ensure continued tracking of income generation against budgetary targets.
Using your experience, suggest and develop other new sources of income for the charity under the guidance of the Trustees.
Key Working Relationships
- The Chair and Trustees of Tia Rescue;
- Shops Manager and Office Manager;
- Volunteers; and
- External Contacts:
- Local organisations and personalities;
- Local and National Company Representatives;
- Fundraising contacts;
- Local Event Management organisations; and
- Personal contacts.
The Fundraising position is initially offered as part-time, (5-8 days/month), although we will also consider extending this to a full-time role, (35-hours per week). Initially, the role will be on a two-year fixed-term contract, with some out-of-hours work necessary. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
More about Tia Rescue
Tia Rescue, (Registered Charity No: 1105626), is a national animal rescue charity, based in the north of England, with charity shops in Pickering, Hebden Bridge, Halifax, and Armthorpe. The charity, operating since 1996, has aimed to relieve the suffering of unwanted or even abandoned dogs and horses, in particular Greyhounds, Lurchers and Heavy Horses, by financing their necessary upkeep and veterinary costs, prior to them being re-homed, if and when possible.
The main rehoming centre is currently based in South Yorkshire, (Mill Race Farm, Wroot Road, Finningley, Doncaster, DN9 3DY.
Please apply by sending your CV and an outline of why you want to work with us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.