Hours 34.5 hours each week (term time only)
Working weeks 39 weeks worked per year
Salary £14,636.51 pro-rated to working weeks and hours (Grade 1, Point 1 rising to Point 6 with annual increments)
Location Inscape House School (based within Priestnall School, Heaton Mersey)
Reporting to Assigned Line Manager
We are looking to recruit an Educational Assistant within our school which supports young people with autism between Year 1 and Year 14. We recognise that every child is different. That’s why we create individual learning programmes matched with a core team of therapists.
The purpose of the role is to work with teachers and therapists in assisting in the delivery of the curriculum and in the care of the pupils. In addition, you will be required to participate in other activities within the school, including supervision of play and lunchtimes.
This position is based within Priestnall School, Heaton Mersey and any Inset training will be undertaken at Inscape House, Cheadle.
Safeguarding children and vulnerable people is a priority for all employees.
Key responsibilities of this role are;
- Taking responsibility for the supervision of a group of children in a given activity,
- Contributing to assessment through observation and recording of assessment data,
- Contributing to the pupil IEP’s and support plans,
- Recording incidents and achievements on the school MIS system,
- Sharing responsibility for compilation of displays,
- Devising and supervising practical activities, etc,
- Preparing relevant materials,
- Carry out therapy programmes under the guidance of the Support for Learning Team,
- Supporting pupils off site in a variety of education enrichment opportunities,
- As a specialist EA, support the delivery area of a specific curriculum area eg, science, PE, music, food technology, enrichment curriculum and family activities, girl groups.
Can you work independently and on your own initiative? Do you enjoy supporting young people in a care, support or education role? We are looking for someone with a flexible “can do” attitude and who likes to work as part of a team.
Do you have the values the Together Trust endorses; Positive, Passionate, Professional and Supportive?
To discover the full details of this rewarding role within the Together Trust look at our Job Description.