The Talent Set are excited to be working with Tommy’s to find their new Head of Individual Giving.
Tommy’s is the largest charity funding research into the causes of miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth. Providing information and support for parents-to-be to help them have a healthy pregnancy and baby.
We are looking for a highly skilled fundraiser to join Tommy’s ambitious Fundraising team and lead our Individual Giving & Engagement strategy. You will be part of a team of 7 Heads of Fundraising covering Trusts & Statutory, Philanthropy, Corporate Partnerships, Sporting Events, Community Events & Engagement and Data.
*Tommy’s have a highly flexible working policy in place, asking people to be in their London office a minimum of 2 days per week*
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategy & Planning – Develop and lead the Individual Giving & Engagement strategy. Supported by the Individual Giving Manager and marketing team produce annual plans, budgets and KPIs for Individual Giving income generation including acquisition (cash appeals, regular giving, Facebook fundraising, Payroll Giving, Legacies, In Memory), retention (cash appeals, stewardship journeys) and engagement opportunities.
- Innovation & Product Development - Manage a continuous cycle of testing new channels and developing acquisition and retention individual giving products, based on audience insight and sector trends.
- Campaign - Lead on fundraising campaigns ensuring that they are powerful and authentic throughout. Supported by the Individual Giving Manager develop and deliver regular giving and single gift campaigns using primarily digital channels to recruit, retain and upgrade supporters.
- Stewardship & Engagement – Lead the stewardship and engagement strategy and implementation together with the Marketing, Digital &Supporter Engagement teams design, deliver and continually improve stewardship journeys for new and existing supporters that increase average values and long-term support. Use a test and learn approach to continually improve donor journeys.
- Legacy and In Memory gifts – Lead on the strategy and planning. Oversee the establishment of two programmes of activities and touchpoints involving internal and external stakeholders. Ensure all legacy and in-memoriam supporters receive a high-standard of stewardship to maximise their long-term value.
- Payroll giving – Oversee the management of payroll giving agencies to optimise income generation and profitability derived from this activity.
- Reporting – Produce a monthly dashboard for the Fundraising and Marketing Directors, measuring donor retention, lifetime value and the return on investment of acquisition campaigns.
- External Relationships –Negotiate contracts and support the Individual Giving Manager to account manage suppliers/agencies to maximise value and ROI for services and campaigns; ensure SLAs are met by suppliers/agencies and monitor their adherence to compliance and best practice to protect supporters and mitigate risks to the charity’s reputation.
- Internal Relationships – Effectively communicate the Individual Giving strategy plans across the organisation. Identify opportunities to cross-sell Individual Giving campaigns across all existing audiences. Work closely with the Marketing, Digital & Supporter Engagement teams to deliver objectives.
We are looking for someone with experience of:
- Managing income generation from Individual Giving campaigns and products (acquisition and retention) across a variety of offline and digital channels (4 year minimum)
- Developing and evaluating acquisition or retention campaigns/products and activity across a variety of offline and digital channels
- Developing IG programmes from test and learn cycles including product and campaign development
- Project management to deliver acquisition or retention campaigns within agreed timescales and budgets
- Using databases for targeting, segmentation, testing and response analysis and how to apply these learnings to future campaigns
- Leading on effective stewardship journeys for multiple audiences
- Ability to take initiative and set up on new programmes/products/campaigns from scratch
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered, Heather Burch at The Talent Set will be conducting initial (informal) interviews ahead of shortlisting and will be able to provide further information on the role and interview process.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third-party CVs submitted to Tommy’s will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.