Tommy’s funds and conducts pioneering research into the causes of stillbirth, preterm birth and miscarriage to prevent baby loss and premature birth. Their research focuses on finding new treatments for pregnancy complications to inform guidelines and best practice. Tommy’s mission is to half the number of babies that die during pregnancy or childbirth by 2030. Tommy’s doesn’t just focus on research alone but also information provision, a pregnancy helpline run by midwives and supporting families who experience baby loss.
We are working exclusively with Tommy’s to recruit the newly created position of Head of Marketing. As the Head of Marketing for Tommy’s you will lead the marketing team to increase the awareness of Tommy’s amongst their target audience and to position Tommy’s as the leading voice on stillbirth, miscarriage and premature birth. You will also support on income generation to fund their work. Reporting into the Director of Marketing and managing a team of 4 this is a senior and strategic position that plays a key role within the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Driving a strategic approach to marketing that raises the brand of the organisation
- Cementing Tommy’s as the leading research charity for stillbirth, miscarriage, premature birth and pregnancy
- Delivering integrated research and information campaigns
- Managing the content marketing strategy and ensuring that the teams activities support its objectives
- Overseeing Tommy’s organic social media and influencer marketing strategies
- Working with the fundraising division to deliver successful fundraising campaigns across digital, community, corporate, individual giving and events fundraising
- Working closely with the Head of Digital Engagement on the charity and brand areas of the website as well as broader digital marketing
Skills and experience required;
- Excellent marketing knowledge with a background in brand, campaigns and content
- Previously worked within the charity or not for profit sector
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Be a good project manager who has managed complex and multiple campaigns at once
- Budget management
- An inspirational leader
Tommy’s is a forward thinking employer with a focus on diversity and inclusion across the organisation and one of the best benefits packages in the sector. They have a flexible working policy and are currently working remotely but with an office based in the City of London.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third party CVs submitted to Tommy’s will be redirected to Heather at The Talent Set to ensure everyone goes through the same inclusive process.