*Hybrid working with week split between London office and remote*
Tommy’s are working exclusively with The Talent Set to recruit their new Media and PR Lead.
In this exciting and crucial role, you will support our fundraising, brand and advocacy work by increasing our visibility through media, ambassador partnerships and compelling storytelling.
You will lead our scientific research communications and manage our PR activity across a wide range of topics from brand campaigns and fundraising, to health information and policy.
An expert communicator, you will respond to enquiries, deal with emerging issues and seek out new opportunities, working with senior managers across the organisation. As such, you must be able to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders, internal and external, and be able to work sensitively with Tommy’s supporters.
This role sits within the marketing and communications team and you will be confident working across departments to find, gather and tell stories that drive our mission and showcase the work we do to improve maternity care and save babies’ lives.
Ultimately, you’ll be using your creative communications and PR skills to increase the number of supporters engaging with Tommy’s, driving our mission to halve the number of babies lost during pregnancy or birth by 2030.
Key objectives include:
- Communicate and generate publicity for newsworthy research and pregnancy information, to improve understanding and build our credibility as an expert voice in the field
- Deliver integrated PR support for key communications moments in Tommy’s internal calendar, to help raise brand awareness across the media mix and increase engagement with our messages
- Proactively secure national media coverage to maintain steady activity covering a diverse range of topics and raising public awareness of all the pregnancy health issues we work on
- Leverage traditional media channels to boost fundraising with media coverage of new products/events and supporter stories
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop, implement and evaluate an integrated proactive PR strategy, working in partnership with the Chief Executive and Marketing Director
• Lead on Tommy's research communications:
- Work with research centres to co-ordinate and deliver coverage for newsworthy publications and activities
- Communicate research centre activity internally and externally, working with Tommy's Research Manager
- Work with research clinics and marketing colleagues to develop and maintain relationships with families willing to share their experiences as media case studies
• Create, deliver and evaluate high profile PR campaigns which use multiple channels and outlets to inspire the public and generate support for Tommy’s mission
• Lead on PR elements of Tommy’s brand and PregnancyHub health information campaigns
• Manage the Tommy’s press office and media relations functions: sourcing news stories; drafting press releases, news stories, blogs and comment pieces; managing reactive media requests; training and briefing spokespeople
• Work with the Senior Management Team to manage Tommy’s reputation and position us as the leading charity in the UK funding research into the prevention of baby loss
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible, we will be conducting initial interviews and shortlisting on an ongoing basis.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note we are working with Tommy’s exclusively for this recruitment, any third party CVs submitted will be redirected to The Talent Set for review. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.