The successful applicant will work with a dynamic, passionate Team, within a very well established and needed female only registered Charity, Tomorrow’s Women Wirral. As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficacy and efficiency of business operations as well as shaping strategic goals for the future. As an ideal candidate you will be well-versed in all business matters. You will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the Charity’s vision and culture, with the goal to ensure the sustainability of the Charity’s activities and to drive development and long-term success whilst always keeping the aims and values of the Charity at the forefront.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
(Please note, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect a range of duties the post-holder will perform. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be changed in the light of experience and in consultation with the post-holder.)
- Adhere to direction set by the Board of Directors/Trustees and CEO.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors/Trustees, CEO and Treasurer in the production of business plans, financial forecasts, and policy updates, and provide feedback on strengths, weaknesses, and areas for improvement.
- Deputise for CEO in her absence.
- Work as part of a Motivational Management Team.
- Support the work of employees to improve efficiency, effectiveness, safety and wellbeing.
- Gather, analyse and interpret both external and internal data to assist in the production of reports required.
- To develop and lead a Bid/Tender Writing Team providing tools and techniques to convert business ideas into an actionable plan to increase finance and growth.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with financial partners, Landlord, Public or Third Sector Grant fund holders, to facilitate an effective client financing process.
- Deliver a strong Business Plan and Model to develop and strengthen Tomorrow’s Women’s move towards business sustainability, creation and expansion.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines, and compliance with the regulations and procedures of the Charities Commission and Company Law.
- Proven experience as Business Development Manager or relevant role.
- Appropriate degree/diploma or higher.
- Qualifications in Income Generation/Bid Writing/Leadership & Management and proven evidence of this.
- Strong financial and business planning/growth expertise with a thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases, Tendering processes, and information systems.
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the work of our Charity. Ensuring Tomorrow’s Women’s ethos of client-focused delivery, innovation and social value is demonstrated to clients, partners, stakeholders, and funders.
- Flexibly and sensitively challenging in approach.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Tomorrow’s Women, sharing best practice and ideas required.
- A good sense of humour!