Focus of the Role
Generation Global is the Institute’s global citizenship education programme. For over a decade we have worked in over 30 countries in Asia, the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Europe and the Americas, teaching dialogue skills to teachers and students, and facilitating meaningful global encounters between young people.
The programme has trained over 14,000 teachers and worked with over 550,000 students globally, through its online community and continues to do so through the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA). Our resources are recognised as good practice by organisations including UNESCO, the Brookings Institution and Club De Madrid, and have been used in the programme’s partnership with governments across the world.
We are looking for a Fundraising Development Lead who will be responsible for identifying and stewarding funding partnerships to secure the future growth and sustainability of Generation Global.
Situated within the Fundraising and Donor Relations team, and working closely with the Director of Generation Global, you will build on the systems and resources within the fundraising team to drive forward the business development cycle.
This is a new position which requires someone with a proven successful business development and fundraising background from within the international not-for-profit sector. You’ll have an entrepreneurial drive and a desire to secure Generation Global’s financial position for the future.
- Work with the fundraising team to generate and manage new funding partnerships to expand the reach and impact of the programme
- Engage closely with colleagues to build a pipeline of funding opportunities and partnerships to develop new and innovative opportunities for the programme
- Lead the development and submission of bids for Generation Global, including managing inputs from technical teams, and building budgets
- Effectively represent the programme and the team externally at networking opportunities and events
- Ensure business development records and data are up to date and synced into the central CRM database and reported on as appropriate
- Work with colleagues in the Fundraising and Donor team to set and monitor metrics to assess progress against targets
- Manage contractor/ external agency/ team members, where required, to develop and implement business development opportunities
- Work together with the Institute’s fundraising and donor relations team to be aware and sensitive to existing funding relationships or those already being cultivated by the Institute
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, project systems and processes, including those related to safeguarding, security, and legal matters
- Contribute to the alignment of Generation Global with the TBI mission and strategic goals, providing information where needed
- Significant experience in international development working on business development or fundraising
- Considerable proven experience of successfully identifying, cultivating, securing and managing business development partnerships
- Familiarity with key clients and funders, including bilateral government donors, major grant-giving philanthropic foundations, corporate donors, and high net worth individuals
- Understanding and experience of the global education sector and funding opportunities within that exist within the sector
- Familiarity with a wide range of business development procedures, tools, and opportunities
- A self-starter who is comfortable in a team environment, able to think strategically and produce and implement business plans, with attention to detail, analysis and according to targets and timeframes
- Resilient, self-motivated, and able to inspire, support and coach others
- Advanced understanding of developing and managing proposal budgets and expenditure
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentational skills; able to quickly establish Generation Global’s credibility with funding partners
- A proven ability to inspire, coach and develop others, including people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Proven expertise in programme management and people management at a global level and within not-for-profit sector
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with a passion for achieving social impact
- Fluency in English is essential, and business competency in another European language would be beneficial
About The Institute
The Tony Blair Institute (TBI) is a mission-driven not for profit organisation. We exist to equip political leaders and governments to build open, inclusive and prosperous societies. We work hard, every day, to make a difference. When governments work well they are able to create economic and social change in a way that promotes fairness, social justice and opportunity. We work relentlessly to support leader and governments with the challenges they face. Giving them practical solutions and actionable insights, that once implemented, can be transformative for their people
We do this within two connected divisions:
Our Advisory Practice works directly with political leaders and governments around the world to implement reforms that improve the lives of their citizens. It has both non-profit partners and a client base and its outputs cover a range of disciplines and projects across countries in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and South Asia. We are currently in a rapid expansion phase from c. 18 countries at present, to 30 by December 2022.
Our Policy Futures work encompasses three broad areas:
- Renewing the Centre: developing a bold and innovative domestic policy programme to help renew the centre ground of British politics;
- Tech and Public Policy: exploring the policy challenges and opportunities presented by the technological revolution; and
- Extremism Policy Unit: creating solutions designed to tackle the threat of extremist ideologies in the UK and around the world.
As an organisation, the core beliefs we all embrace are:
- Open and Progressive: you’ll believe in the value of teamwork
- Bold and Pragmatic: you’ll approach everything you do with integrity and authenticity
- Optimistic Changemaker: you’ll be focused on results
TBI believes embracing diversity and inclusion make us a better place to work. It’s our goal to reflect everyone in society and we actively welcome applications from individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace. We celebrate difference be it ethnicity, religion, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We will only ever assess you on your abilities and fit for a role. We’re happy to discuss any adjustments you need to ensure a level playing field during recruitment and, if you\'re successful, discuss any adjustments you might need to thrive in your role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.