Are you looking to gain hands on experience in the Environmental Education or Conservation sector? Want to be provided with accommodation, a training budget and the chance to work with skilled professionals already working in the industry? This intensive trainee scheme has provided 90% of individuals who have completed the scheme the knowledge, skills and confidence to secure jobs in the environmental education, conservation or teaching sector.
- Trainee Engagement Ranger: Based at Occombe Farm, this role will give you hands-on experience in the education team. Assisting with the planning and delivery of School Day Visits, Residential Stays and Engagement Activities across all the Trusts main sites in Torbay; including farmland, marine, woodland, parkland and headlands.
- You are an enthusiastic and dedicated individual who is keen to build knowledge and practical skills within the countryside charity sector
- You will have good communication and interpersonal skills and be happy to engage with a wide public audience and varied age range of participants
- You will work with creativity and flexibility both independently and as part of a team
- You will need to be physically fit
- You will have an interest in the countryside and heritage and enjoy engaging people within it
- You should be available ideally 4 days a week, 30 hours a week
What we offer:
- 9-12 Month Training Programme
- Free accommodation
- Substantial Training budget for external courses
- Role specific training
- Work experience in a successful organisation that will demonstrate your abilities and commitment to future employers
- Full mentorship throughout your placement from an experienced member of staff guiding you through your professional development, including support with job applications and references for future employers
- Networking opportunities within the organisation, partner organisations and other organisations that work within the same sector
For more information on the role and to download an application form please visit our website
Applicants will be subject to a DBS check.
Start Date: Monday 10th February 2020
Any applicants who have not heard from us by the date of the interview should consider their application unsuccessful.