Corporate Partnerships & Administration Intern
Are you a proactive and enthusiastic individual looking to gain experience in the charity sector? Want to significantly increase your skill-set and develop an exciting career with a fresh-thinking organisation? If so, you may be the Corporate Partnership & Administration Intern we’re looking for.
Who will I be working for?
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership is a leading East London-based charity that bridges the gap between education and the world of work.
For almost 30 years, we have worked in partnership with schools and businesses to provide fair and equal opportunities that enable young people to broaden their horizons and help them achieve their aspirations.
We co-ordinate aspects of the Lloyd’s Community Programme, one of the City’s longest-running volunteering initiatives. The programme provides mentoring to primary and secondary school aged children, supporting them to develop their literacy and numeracy skills, build confidence and learn about the world of work.
We’re now looking for a Corporate Partnerships & Administration Intern to join us and support the delivery of the Lloyd’s Community Programme.
Are there any benefits?
- Salary of £18,652 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus Christmas shutdown and Bank Holidays
- Excellent training and ongoing support
- Career progression opportunities
- Great office location
- Friendly and inclusive environment
- Early finish on Fridays
This is an amazing opportunity to gain valuable insight into how an innovative charity operates, as well as the process of supporting CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) activities. You’ll receive first-class training to increase your abilities, including shadowing senior meetings, and will eventually be able to manage your own projects.
You will have the chance to learn alongside a talented, diverse team of people who are committed to addressing inequality and improving social mobility for young people.
We want all young people to learn more, do more and become more – because it is our firm belief that educated communities will become thriving communities. If you want to help us achieve our vision, this is the role for you.
What will I be doing?
As a Corporate Partnerships & Administration Intern, you’ll provide administrative support to the Lloyd’s Community Programme (LCP) Manager and the Partnerships Team.
Some of your duties will include:
- Helping us to maintain a positive relationship with Lloyd’s companies
- Responding to enquiries from Lloyd’s companies, as well as schools wishing to take part in the programme
- Preparing resources and organising refreshments for training sessions and meetings
- Co-ordinating and attending programme events
- Delivering resources to venues prior to events
- Shadowing senior meetings to develop your corporate skills
- Helping to design marketing materials
What do I need to apply?
To join us as our Corporate Partnerships & Administration Intern, you’ll need:
- The desire to work in the charity sector or within the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) field
- At a minimum, GCSEs (or equivalent) including English at grade B and Maths at grade C
- Basic IT skills, including MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word and social media
Other organisations may call this role Project Administration Intern, Project Intern, CSR Administrator, Charity Programme Administrator, Programme Intern, Programme Assistant, Administrator, or Corporate Partnerships Intern.
This is a full time role, working Monday – Thursday, 9:00 – 17:00 and Friday, 9:00 – 16:00.
As part of your application, you will be required to submit a CV and covering letter.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 22nd October 2019.
We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible, as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive satisfactory applications.
Webrecruit and Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you could thrive as our Corporate Partnerships & Administration Intern, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.