Join Toybox as Programme Manager - Africa and/or Asia
We are looking for a proactive Programme Manager to join our innovative team to support the delivery of our international development work with street children. If you have a solid knowledge of programming within international development with a passion to add value and constantly improve impact, then this job is for you.
Our strategy, quite simply, is to make the world a better place for street children. Despite the many challenges of COVID-19, we are on track to grow this financial year, enabling us to continue to deliver this vital work.
This role is critical to our future success and will therefore be hands on, operating within a busy and collaborative team and has the potential for the right person to add real value and make a real difference to the lives of street-connected children.
The role will focus on:
- Working with partners to ensure quality designs, monitoring and evaluations of projects.
- Submission of proposals and reports to institutional donors.
- Ensuring the application of good practice approaches and promoting innovation and learning.
- Assessing the capacity of selected partners and supporting them to implement partner capacity building plans. You will be part of a small team and will be the main person responsible for selected partners, undertaking travel to those countries at least once a year.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- To have at least a degree level qualification in a relevant area, but also have significant experience of overseeing/managing projects, including projects addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Experience of project theory of change, design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of working in the UK charity environment.
- Excellent writing and financial literacy skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft (Word, Excel and E-mail).
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you want to work for Toybox and your suitability for this role.
1st interviews will be held on Thursday 18th November and 2nd interviews on Thursday 25th November.
For a full information pack, please visit our website.
Toybox is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all employees, trustees, and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Toybox we strive to hire the best. If you are driven to change the world for street children, you will fit right in. We are courageous in what we do, always looking to innovate and improve. We learn from our mistakes and celebrate our wins. Everyone is welcome—as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.