Our client is running a ground-breaking intervention programme around creating a safer society for all. If you are a programmes professional who has worked in the advocacy space around Violence against Woman and Families, then please do read on. Especially if you have some line management experience and have worked with statutory partners such as the police, health or probation services. This is an initial contract role that could be extended past march based on funding. Initially it is home based and salary is open to negotiation.
Key responsibilities for the Advocacy Service Manager:
* Drive the delivery of the project in London
* Ensure that the project is on track to achieve all outcomes
* Assess monitoring and evaluation needs, implement any change needed
* Provide line management to advocates and supervise their casework
* Be handson with reporting on all project outcomes and stakeholder engagement with partners
* Develop project governance framework
* Manage project budget and risk register
As mentioned earlier, it is essential that you have experience working in the violence against women and girls sector. This includes being handson with related programmes that have service deliverables in this field. Ideally you will also bring good working knowledge of working with statutory services and inter-agency teams. Line management is a must have as you will be leading a small team of advocates. Strong skills in project management and programme delivery is expected.
To apply for this Advocacy Service Manager role, please email your CV to our Office & Specialist Support Team quoting the reference number 73802DW. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.