TPP is currently working with a fantastic children's reading and education charity who are seeking to hire a Communications Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for either a communications, press or PR professional and join this organisation at a time of exciting growth.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Research, source, write up and proofread a wide range of high-quality content - including news stories, media packages, features, quotes, blogs, letters and comment pieces and case studies.
- Create and pitch media stories, prospecting the best journalists for stories, compiling media lists and finding creative hooks and ways to secure coverage.
- Develop and deliver media campaigns to support key initiatives.
- Draft and develop messages, content and products that effectively engage stakeholder audiences, informed by insight and evidence
- Co-ordinate story-gathering processes, leading on interviewing partners and families, managing these relationships and producing stories that demonstrate the need for/impact of our client's work.
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate media coverage - producing regular summaries and reports
Your experience, knowledge and skillsets will include :
- Knowledge and understanding of the full communications mix including stakeholder engagement, media relations, marketing and digital.
- Excellent understanding of what different media outlets want.
- Background in media relations, journalism and experience of working in a busy press office/PR agency.
- Strong track record of researching and crafting media packages and placing/selling in stories, features and comment pieces in the media, generating high-profile coverage.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.