Head of Media and PR
Incredible Opportunity - Head of Media and PR position available!
A UK-wide organisation, dedicated to supporting stroke survivors and their families, provides comprehensive services, information, and advice to help individuals rebuild their lives after a stroke are looking to appoint their next Head of Media and PR. With a team of passionate professionals, they conduct awareness campaigns, fundraise for their mission, advocate for stroke-related issues, and offer educational resources. Operating at both national and regional levels, they play a pivotal role in stroke prevention, immediate action initiatives, and addressing the diverse needs of those affected by strokes across the United Kingdom
The dynamic team, comprising 12-14 members, including the Head of Media and PR, plays a crucial role in shaping the UK-wide media and public relations activities for the organisation dedicated to supporting stroke survivors. Known for their sociable and supportive culture, this team operates in a remote, home-based environment. With a focus on both national and regional levels, they collaborate to ensure effective communication strategies, crisis management, and impactful social media presence, demonstrating dedication to the mission of reaching and supporting stroke survivors throughout the UK.
The role of the Head of Media and PR is crucial, steering the strategic direction for nationwide media and public relations initiatives. Responsible for organisational reputation and core goals, the position shapes comprehensive national communication programs, emphasising stroke awareness. Key responsibilities include securing impactful media coverage, crisis communication management, and overseeing social media utilisation. With a team of 12-14 professionals, the role significantly contributes to the mission of supporting and rebuilding the lives of stroke survivors throughout the United Kingdom.
Areas of responsibility
- Set strategic direction for nationwide media and public relations activities as the Head of Media and PR.
- Drive impactful media coverage by shaping policy, research, and mass engagement priorities into compelling stories.
- Lead the development of a proactive press office, building relationships with key media and opinion formers.
- Oversee analysis and evaluation of media coverage and social media channels using appropriate tools.
- Provide leadership for organisational reputation management, responding to crises and ensuring strategic communication.
- Manage the PR and Media Team, fostering motivation, engagement, and effective performance.
What you'll bring
- As the Head of Media and PR, you will have demonstrable experience delivering strategically aligned PR and social media for strategic goals and KPIs.
- Proven team management experience, achieving a significant increase in volume and depth of coverage.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in motivating and leading a PR and social media team.
- Expertise in working with policy, campaigns, and research functions to drive sustained media coverage.
- Proficient in using owned and earned media to mobilise public support through donations, fundraising, and campaigning.
- Experience in overseeing strategic social media and influencer campaigns, integrating them with other channels.
This exceptional opportunity as Head of Media and PR offers the chance to lead a dynamic team, shaping the strategic approach and enhancing the organisational reputation. The role involves driving impactful media coverage, managing crisis communications, and overseeing social media presence. With a supportive and sociable team, this role provides autonomy and the chance to contribute significantly to the charity's mission, making a meaningful impact on stroke survivors' lives.
Cause: Medical support charity
Working environment/culture: Passionate, supportive, collaborative and creative
Role: Head of Media and PR
Location: Home based with some team meetings (approx. once per month)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Closing date: 14/11/23
How to apply: Please provide an up-to-date CV and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss the role.
We look forward to receiving your application.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.