Are you a passionate Head of Operations who is looking for a part time position? Are you looking for a senior leadership position in a small charity that allows you to have real impact on organisational strategy?
I am working with a charity who is a leader in delivering intergenerational arts programmes, a vital resource for post pandemic community building. They are looking for a proactive Head of Operations to help identify where the charity might become even better.
The charity values flexibility and inclusivity and you will be able to work remotely with occasional working from their office in East London, which is located on the ground floor with ramp access. Ideally, you will be happy to work 28 hours per week although this can be negotiated if more or less hours are required.
As their new Head of Operations, you will be the chief steward of the charity's overall organisational health. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, alongside the Director and Programme Director, you will help shape and deliver their strategy and vision. You will be responsible for the HR, financial and operational systems and co-lead the implementation of their Anti-Racism Action Plan. Your work will enable the wider team to design and deliver high-quality, innovative arts programmes.
You will be responsible for the following key responsibilities across the charity:
- Lead on HR for the organisation including recruitment, vetting, contracting and inducting staff
- Drive their strategy and plan on special projects
- Lead on the writing and updating of relevant Policy and Procedures, including legal requirements around Health and Safety, Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults, Employment, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, and oversee systems to ensure procedures are followed and reviewed
- Oversee the management of risks relating to the core organisation and programme, ensuring that appropriate Risk Assessment and management processes are in place
- Oversee the collection of information, data and contact details in relation to their activities and ensure its appropriate storage, acting as the named GDPR Data protection officer.
- Working with the Director to support good governance: managing the calendar of Board and Sub-Committee meetings, setting agendas, preparing papers and taking minutes.
- Commission and work with their external accountants to provide staff and trustees with the financial information they need for good decision making and planning
If you are a passionate leader looking for an impactful role, then please get in touch today. You can apply by sending your CV.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.