A leading scientific membership body are looking for an experienced Governance Manager on a fixed term contract basis for 4 months, working closely with the CEO and Deputy CEO. This is a great opportunity to join a professional body and learned society who inspire people to develop their knowledge and understanding within this scientific field.
Providing support and guidance to the Company Secretary Assistant, you will oversea all the governance activities of the Institute ensuring they are carried out in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation and internal charter.
Main Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for preparation of agendas and papers in liaison with key organisation stakeholders including CFO, FD of Publishing, senior management team and trustees
- Provide strong management and set goals for Company Secretary Assistant to support their own development
- Responsible for close out of the internal audits including credit card and restricted funds
- Accountable for preparations for the Council to meet in Belfast in February with key stakeholders including CEO Office and President
- Support the planning proposal for a full governance review, including Group structure, which will commence in February 2020 with key timelines and dependencies
It is essential that you have excellent working knowledge of both corporate and charity compliance requirements to be successful in this role. Competitive salary on offer for the right candidate. Please apply today!