An exciting opportunity has recently arisen to join a funder of health and social care as an Operations Manager. This institution develops influential relationships with research organisations, charities and the public sector to ensure that patients have access to the latest research and treatments. Due to the continued growth of the organisation and department, this role was created to aid and build upon the effectiveness of the research department team. The successful candidate will work towards ensuring that a gold standard customer service is at the forefront of the department's underlying objectives.
Acting as a lead point of contact for internal and external stakeholders relating to operations you will manager the operational aspect of commissioning research. You will recruit, manage and develop member of the operations research team, empowering the team be proactive and innovative. Further responsibilities will include leading on resource management ensuring activity is planned and assigned to the right person as we as developing detailed work plans to ensure projects are delivered to agreed standards and dates.
To be successful in the role you will have the following skills and experience:
* Experience managing a robust and complex operations process within a research funding environment
* Natural ability to coach, develop and motivate people
* Knowledge working across teams whilst developing and maintaining relationships
* Thrives working in a demanding, everchanging environment
* Demonstrate accountability and ownership
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Familiarity managing a large team