PA and Office Manager - 6-month contract role
I am delighted to be working with a national service improvement charity, who's focus is improving those who are in contact with the criminal justice system, through research, policy and campaigning work.
They have an opening in the senior team for a PA and Office Manager, they are a small charity so seeking an individual who has a plethora of senior administrative experience, who is able to be a solid point of reference for all staff in the charity. This role is for an initial 6-month period to support the newly appointed CEO, starting ASAP on a remote basis in the first instance, with a need once Covid-19 restrictions lift to work in the London office.
You will be organised and efficient, with excellent attention to detail, able to quickly pick up new systems and procedures, and to prioritise and juggle competing priorities and requests. Although able to work with substantial independence and initiative, you will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, dealing proactively and confidently with a range of people, tasks and situations.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious person to work as a key member of a small but fast-paced, delivery-oriented team.
The key objectives of this post are:
- To provide personal administrative support to the Chief Executive
- To organise and manage office systems, provide administrative support across the team.
- Responsibility for organisational financial processes
- Co-ordinating cross organisational project management, including; capacity planning, milestones and convening project initiation meetings.
- Line management and supervision of Team Administrator Assistant.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate successful experience in the following areas:
- PA/executive assistant work
- Finance processes
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE REQUIREMENTS
The post holder will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the drafting of correspondence and minute-taking
- High level of numeracy and either previous experience of or ability to learn book-keeping
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to learn new systems and applications
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills: ability to prioritise, plan and organise work in a busy environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, from vulnerable adults facing a range of different problems to Ministerial offices
- Ability to work independently and constructively as part of a small team
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Honesty and reliability
- An interest in the issues faced by people who have expressed multiple disadvantage/exclusion.
The post holder may also be able to demonstrate
- Knowledge or experience of Quick Books accounting software and/or book-keeping
- Knowledge of the issues involved in working with people facing severe exclusion.
- Knowledge of experience of Salesforce CRM system
Role: Office Manager and PA
Location: Remote currently, offices based in Elephant and Castle, once restrictions allow
Employment Type: 6-month contract
Salary/rate: £28-32k pa
Working hours: 35pw
CLOSING DATE: Friday 27th Nov at 10am