- Are you ready to champion quality and innovation in a forward-thinking awarding organisation?
- Could you be the meticulous and dedicated Quality Officer we're seeking to ensure excellence and integrity across our services?
TPP is working with an ambitious, dynamic, and growing awarding organisation, committed to widening participation for all, to appoint a Quality Officer.
This is a full time (35 hrs per week), permanent position, working fully remotely, with occasional office visits (Essex) for whole staff team days - usually once every quarter.
Benefits - Quality Officer:
- From £23,510 per annum, depending on experience
- Open and transparent pay scale model which rewards staff through a 6 point pay scale
- Annual discretionary company-wide bonus for achieving business targets and objectives
- Competitive defined benefit pension scheme
- Full-time hours of 35 per week, but flexibility as to business needs is encouraged - no clock watching or timesheets, staff are trusted to do the right thing
- Generous holiday allowance:
- 30 days + Christmas shutdown (3 days) + bank holidays
- Flexible hours
- Generous sick pay scheme
- Investment in your training and development - scope for internal promotion
- Regular staff days - time out away from the office together and the opportunity to input into the company strategy, learn new skills and have a bit of fun
- Last staff day, there was a treasure quest, the team got creative with power tools and saws, and fed giraffes and elephants!
About the organisation - Quality Officer:
As an Awarding Organisation that has been established for the last three decades, the portfolio of qualifications on offer is very wide ranging, from access to higher education diplomas to bespoke qualifications. This organisation is very ambitious and forward-thinking and is very keen to attract like-minded people to work towards their continued success.
The core values of the organisation are:
About the role - Quality Officer:
As the Quality Officer, you will provide support for the quality assurance team as well as review processes relating to the centre monitoring and validity of regulated qualifications in respect of Ofqual and QiW.
Additionally, you will be responsible for coordinating and reporting on internal and external assessment of qualifications, liaising with assessment development personnel, and ensuring confidentiality, accuracy, and quality.
Key responsibilities - Quality Officer:
- Overseeing quality assurance processes, including monitoring centres and qualification standards, and handling quality-related queries efficiently.
- Organising and compiling resources for standardisation activities and training events, including webinars.
- Coordinating quality assurance activities, such as centre assessments and marking, and documenting the outcomes and required actions.
- Generating comprehensive reports that reflect quality review findings, including risk and engagement assessments.
- Collaborating with the quality assurance team to ensure prompt monitoring and reporting and managing budget tracking within the team.
- Analysing and presenting data for both statistical and qualitative review to aid in the standardisation of assessment marking and to inform the Product team.
Skills / Experience required - Quality Officer:
- At least two years' general administrative experience (essential).
- Skilled in collaborative working within various team settings.
- Effective at organising and prioritising tasks.
- Aligned with core organisational values (as above)
- Maintains a professional demeanour.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to task finalisation.
- Competent with standard software suites, including MS Office.
- Knowledge of quality control mechanisms and frameworks.
- Familiar with the functions of awarding organisations.
- CV only, no covering letter required
- 2 stages
- 1st stage interviews scheduled for Wednesday 22nd November 2023
- Format - online
- IT assessment
- Timed task
- Competency based questions
Deadline for applications:
- Wednesday 15th November 2023
- Applications will be reviewed on receipt - please send in your application ASAP if you would like to be considered, as this role may close prior to the deadline.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.