TPP is currently working with a leading homeless charity who are seeking to hire a Senior Media Officer on a fixed term contract basis for a 12 month duration.
Your duties and responsibilities will include :
- Lead on the development of proactive media strategies that puts homelessness, and the experiences of people who are homeless, at the forefront of the news agenda
- Generate coverage of our client's key influencing campaigns, and fundraising initiatives, ensuring messages reach target audiences in key media outlets
- Develop and implement creative, audience-focused media and PR plans to raise awareness of our client's brand and drive engagement with key target audiences
- Play a key role in diversifying the media coverage that our client generates, to ensure it can reach a wider range of audiences and interests.
- Gather a diverse range of compelling case study stories to underpin their media work
- Contribute to a busy reactive press office
- Work with the rest of the media team to build strong relationships with key national, regional and consumer journalists
Your experience, knowledge and skillsets will include :
- Experience of working within a busy press office environment/PR agency or as a journalist
- Experience of leading on high-profile integrated, audience-focused media strategies that secure quality coverage in national and regional news outlets.,
- A solid track record of translating complex policy and research into compelling news and PR coverage
- A good grasp of the PR and consumer landscape, with an ability to achieve quality consumer coverage in a range of outlets across print, digital, and broadcast.
- Experience of working with and interviewing case studies, identifying and preparing stories for the media and empowering people to share their experience
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.