TPP are delighted to be working with an International charity who are the leading organisation working to create a world where nobody wants or believes we need to experiment on animals. This charity has a history spanning over 100 years, they have achieved so much for animals.
This is an inspiring charity to work for with exciting growth plans.
This role offers some great benefits:
* 12-month interest free season ticket loan
* 25 working days' paid holiday, in addition to Public Holidays'
* Employer's Ethical Investor's Stakeholder Pension Scheme
* Generous training and professional development allowance
* Flexible working hours
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Ride-to-Work Bicycle Scheme
* Staff retention policy
* Work life support scheme
As an experienced supporter care specialist, you will lead on the development of supporter care practices and form the front line of the organisation's supporter and customer care.
You will enjoy dealing with a wide and diverse range of people on the phone and you will have excellent administrative skills gained in a customer or supporter-facing environment, including the ability to deal with complex enquiries submitted by telephone, email, social media and post.
As an accomplished communicator your thorough response handling and excellent supporter care will guarantee an efficiently managed supporter and customer care journeys.
You will ensure that the organisation's supporter records, general systems and processes are efficiently maintained.
Your flexibility, energy and professionalism will place you at the heart of the team making you a vital component in the organisation's continuing success.
Some of the Key responsibilities:
1. Be the first point of contact for existing and new supporters by providing a professional supporter and customer care service ensuring that all telephone, email, social media and postal donations, information requests, queries or complaints are answered, processed, fulfilled and published appropriately, accurately, and promptly.
2. Listen and respond to the needs of each supporter, considering and understanding their personal experiences and motivations while conveying information in an appropriate and empathetic manner.
3. Provide customer service throughout the supporter journey, with a clear focus on building long-lasting relationships, and increasing value from these relationships.
4. Handle and process a range of payments, including cash, cheques, credit/debit cards and Direct Debits. Maintain database integrity.
5. Carry out tasks related to donation processing and reconciliation.
6. Responsible for ensuring that supporter and customer records on the International group of companies' CRM database are kept up to date.
7. Maintain best practice surrounding supporter and customer care, and to ensure compliance with relevant legislation such as GDPR/Data Protection Act, Gift Aid legislation and Fundraising Regulator guidelines as well as internal policies and procedures, as appropriate.
8. Provide efficient administration, being responsible for circulation of incoming post and the dispatch of outbound mail; and take responsibility for the development & maintenance of paper and electronic filing systems.
The successful person for this role will have the following:
1. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, supporters, customers, visitors and suppliers.
2. Friendly and personable with excellent communication skills; with the proven ability to deal professionally and efficiently with a broad range of telephone-based enquiries.
3. Excellent written communication skills across a broad range of media and styles, and channels. Ideally experience of writing copy for supporters and fundraising.
4. Ability to strictly maintain agreed organisational messaging protocols, and to use one's own initiative and common sense as required.
5. Ability to carry out comprehensive online research and summarise findings for colleagues clearly and concisely.
6. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and CRM Database systems.
7. Excellent organisational skills including an ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and meet SLAs.
8. Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy with clear attention to detail at all times
9. Strong commitment to team working, and and ability to build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues across the whole organisation, including at a senior level.
10. Desirable - Training in a related field such as Fundraising, Marketing, Customer Service or other relevant qualifications.
11. Demonstrable extensive experience of providing excellent telephone and email-based supporter and customer care.
12. Experience of managing supporter and customer care activities, including handling of complaints and queries on a wide range of often complex subjects.
13. Experience of supporting the delivery of multi-channel fundraising and communication activities including copywriting.
14. Proven experience of developing and maintaining administrative systems, including paper and electronic filing.
15. Familiarity with using Fundraising databases
If you are interested and would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity please get in touch ASAP