Management Accountant, Central London – Arts & Theatre, up to £40,000
A new Management Accountant position has become available in a leading theatre organisation based in Central London. This is an excellent opportunity for part qualified accountants looking to move into a more commercial and forward looking role. We are looking for bright and engaging juniors who want to progress in a small and supportive production finance team.
- To work with the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to monitor, analyse, and report on actuals, budgets and forecasts.
- To take responsibility for monthly reporting activities and ensure that information is presented in a meaningful, transparent, and timely manner.
- To take ownership for monitoring income and expenditure to ensure budgets are met or targets achieved. A key process of this is ensuring variances to forecast or budget are thoroughly investigated in a timely manner.
- To calculate all royalties due across all platforms based on their royalty cycle, and methods of calculation.
- To be involved, in operations team and Finance Department special projects, annual budget setting, reporting roll out, finance systems process improvements, modelling work, and any other general requirements.
- To be responsible for the month and year end processes for departmental budgets, including the posting of accurate accruals, prepayments and deferred income; and to reconcile and provide commentary on any variances to budget and forecast.
- To assist the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager and auditors in year-end statutory accounts reporting.
- To assist the financial accountants with relevant balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring postings are clear and understood by all, and balances substantiated.
- To become a ‘super user’ of the organisation’s financial reporting tools and purchasing systems, providing support to other users as required.
- To line manage the Assistant Management Accountant and Finance Assistant
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant looking to complete their qualification
- Experience working in a finance team, preferably with some work towards the management accounts already
- Keen interest in the Arts and Theatre would be desirable
- Experience in charity is preferred
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a team player – willing to get involved and help out the function as a whole
- Able to work independently and autonomously