Senior Management Accountant (6m FTC), Higher Education – South East London, up to £55,000 per annum
A well-respected higher education organisation based in London is in a need of a new Senior Management Accountant to join the team. This role will suit qualified Management Accountants who are looking to build on their business partnering skills. Working remotely to begin with, and gradually moving to 2/3 days a week in the office, this is a great opportunity for those interested in higher education and working as part of a wider team. Candidates should be immediately available or on a short notice.
- Providing information advice and support to Faculty Operating Officers, Heads of Department, Heads of Directorates & Financial Managers to enable them to plan and manage the financial affairs of Faculties and Directorates.
- Support the design and implementation of Finance System Transformation (Project Ascent) through contribution and collaboration in stakeholder working groups.
- Faculties\Directorates: business partner; financial information and advice to enable objectives to be achieved; revenue and capital forecasting; development of financial plans and budgets; progress against plans and forecast outturns; link between strategy and resourcing; staffing requirements and financial sustainability of new and replacement posts; capital expenditure planning; cost\benefit analyses; course and programme costing; financial training to relevant faculty and directorate staff.
- Corporate level (analysis): financial analysis; financial sustainability of business units; financial forecasting; financial benchmarking; financial appraisals.
- Corporate level (planning and control); budget development; progress against plan and forecast outturns; salary forecasting; cash forecasting; financial forecasting; balance sheet management.
- Corporate level (management reporting); management accounts for University and subsidiaries; related analysis and information for Executive and Court Committees; other management reports.
- Supporting the Head of Management Accounts in achieving the objectives of the management accounting team; financial analysis; improving quality of outputs; adapting to changed requirements; improvement to financial models and work processes; enhancement to reporting platforms (Business Objects); maintain currency of financial procedural manual (vis-à-vis management information policy and procedures).
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Experience producing full set of management accounts, budgets and forecasts and business partnering with non-finance stakeholders
- Experience in Higher Education would be preferred but is not essential
- Excellent knowledge of financial and management accounting frameworks.
- Good IT proficiency, with emphasis on data sourcing and analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral\written communication skills including report writing.