The right candidate will have experience of managing a caseload and good knowledge of provider services across Greater Manchester that can help carers lead a better life. The candidate must be able to speak English and at least one other language including Urdu, Punjabi and Guajarati. You must have a strong awareness of issues affecting BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) communities particularly in relation to the impact of caring.
The role will be to work as a team on a busy helpline as well as delivering statutory carer’s assessments through a conversation model and to bring an enthusiastic yet empathetic approach to supporting carers across Trafford. The role will also involve outreach support at Limelight in Old Trafford on a regular basis.
Trafford Carers Centre, is the Lead provider for Trafford Council and Trafford CCG to deliver first line support and information services to unpaid carers in Trafford.
Requirements for Caseworker role:
- Previous experience of casework
- Positive, welcoming attitude and good communication skills
- Ability to speak English and other languages such as Punjabi, Urdu and Guajarati
- Ability to identify carers and their support needs
- Ability to work effectively and positively as part of a team
- Ability to think on your feet
- Knowledge of key services across Greater Manchester
- Knowledge of issues affecting BAME communities in relation to caring
- Knowledge of Care Act 2014
- Sound organisational and IT skills
- Ability to keep concise and accurate records
- Flexibility to work hours as determined by the organisation
- Full driving licence and insurance to use your car for business purposes.
Responsibilities for Caseworker:
- Manage a caseload delivering statutory carers assessments, support, guidance and advice
- Deliver helpline support offering guidance and advice
- Maintaining a high level of record keeping
- To work with multi-agencies to raise awareness of carer issues and widen identification network.
Benefits for Caseworker:
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Full induction programme
- Access to training
Deadline for applications: 12pm on 24th of December 2019
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.